The Student Room Group

Sky Box Games - Remember the Awesome Oldies?

Scroll to see replies

Did any of y'all play Tom and Jerry's food fight and the other T+J game? Probably the best branded games on the platform.
I used to more or less speedrun Beehive Bedlam! I'd finish it without losing a life if I was lucky, must've beaten it 100 times.

My favourite Sky game was Looney Tunes though. The one where you explore a giant hotel zapping enemies and collecting munnies. Whilst I never completed it, the sense of exploration was probably the best on Sky Games. I thought that was the peak of gaming till I bought myself a GameCube. At that point, my mind was so blown by Super Mario Sunshine, I can't even express haha.

There were a few other good ones on Sky. Tom and Jerry, where you have to escape from Tom by jumping around. And Word Crunch to an extent.

PlayJam had a ton of good ones too. Bombay Slots was ridiculously addictive, and the RNG was pretty lenient for a slot machine.
Reply 42
What was the pool 🎱, game on it, The song on that was so Catchy, it’s stuck in my head, anyone know what it is called?
I remember that and the other games I always used to play them every now and again if I wasn't playing on playstation or when just got bored of watching tv and no one else was in the house/room. Shame they got rid of the games
King Tutti, is this the one where there are traps as well and you move up the pyramid to harder levels
Can somebody please tell what was the name of that avatar the last airbender game? That was another game of my childhood. Someone please tell me the name of that game please please please
Yes that was the game omg
Original post by Dominicque2
Did any of y'all play Tom and Jerry's food fight and the other T+J game? Probably the best branded games on the platform.
oops
(edited 4 years ago)
Does anyone remember Steve the Super Sewer Bunny? It was a game on Sky Games, but I can't see any record of it now?!
My mum used to sit up all night and play Beehive Bedlam and King Tutti. 🤣 Loved King Tutti especially, was awesome. Sky should bring them back.
(edited 1 year ago)
I remember a game on there about a drunk guy having to make it home, maybe in the snow, I can't quite remember now.
I can't find any recored of it now.
The soccer one, Ben 10, KND and Cars were my all time favourites! Oh and don't forget Robotboy! My mum would hate me going on it tho because she didn't want any unexplained charges😭😂
Original post by Shane Thomas
I used to more or less speedrun Beehive Bedlam! I'd finish it without losing a life if I was lucky, must've beaten it 100 times.

My favourite Sky game was Looney Tunes though. The one where you explore a giant hotel zapping enemies and collecting munnies. Whilst I never completed it, the sense of exploration was probably the best on Sky Games. I thought that was the peak of gaming till I bought myself a GameCube. At that point, my mind was so blown by Super Mario Sunshine, I can't even express haha.

There were a few other good ones on Sky. Tom and Jerry, where you have to escape from Tom by jumping around. And Word Crunch to an extent.

PlayJam had a ton of good ones too. Bombay Slots was ridiculously addictive, and the RNG was pretty lenient for a slot machine.

Nintendo DS and Wii was like a revelation of whole new world of gaming for me😂😂 and then when I saw a 3DS in real life with my own eyes for the first time...💀
Original post by RomanMarkOliver
Marvin Mole !

hehe

I LOVED King Tutti, Marvin Mole, Fathom, Bumble Tumble, Beehive Bedlam, Battleships and then later on Denki Blocks, Word Crunch

but it was the best when it was "Open" instead of Sky Games / Sky Active

Open?
Original post by TotoMimo
Who else has fond memories of the old games on Sky? I mean, they all used to be free to play, well-made, and AWESOMELY ADDICTIVE!

The likes of Beehive Bedlam, Corporal Cluck, Fathom/Fathom 2, King Tutti and Bumble Tumble?

It used to be the case that, in the inevitable half hour where there was nothing but crap on the television, you'd press the little interactive button and fire up some King Tutti and shriek as you avoided some little pixel-mummies, or some Fathom 2 to try (very futilely, might I add) to get more than like, five centimetres without crashing.

Now, the same little magic button that was once a portal to awesome gaming is now just a little rubber phony sitting on your remote, as once you press it to play some games, you're presented with crap licensed games that let you play for twelve seconds before DEMANDING you pay them twenty gold doubloons...

What's nostalgic is that this thread is 12 years old💀
Original post by TotoMimo
Who else has fond memories of the old games on Sky? I mean, they all used to be free to play, well-made, and AWESOMELY ADDICTIVE!

The likes of Beehive Bedlam, Corporal Cluck, Fathom/Fathom 2, King Tutti and Bumble Tumble?

It used to be the case that, in the inevitable half hour where there was nothing but crap on the television, you'd press the little interactive button and fire up some King Tutti and shriek as you avoided some little pixel-mummies, or some Fathom 2 to try (very futilely, might I add) to get more than like, five centimetres without crashing.

Now, the same little magic button that was once a portal to awesome gaming is now just a little rubber phony sitting on your remote, as once you press it to play some games, you're presented with crap licensed games that let you play for twelve seconds before DEMANDING you pay them twenty gold doubloons...

What was that one with the explosives again? That was so fun lol

Quick Reply

Latest