The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

The only rules for joining are:

1) To ensure that this is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 50 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site. These 50 posts must be made by the end of September. Exceptions can be made

.2) The league will close to new entrants at the end of GW3. After this period, no new teams will be admitted, although you are still welcome to post in the thread and discuss all things FPL.

Previous years have had a prize awarded to the winner - THIS IS TBC

LEAGUE CODE = of0ck9
It's that time of year again!

Far too early for me to think about making a squad but the prices for players look reasonable this year.
Reply 2
Club Foot
Haven’t done this for the past two seasons. Is this game still popular? I remember getting notifications of FPL tips from Sky Sports last year for the first time. They started promoting the FPL version over their own Sky version of fantasy football, showing how mainstream FPL has become recently.
Yes, it is more popular than 2 seasons ago, last season, at GW38, it had 9 Million players, this year is projected to have 10 Million
Original post by Driving_Mad
Haven’t done this for the past two seasons. Is this game still popular? I remember getting notifications of FPL tips from Sky Sports last year for the first time. They started promoting the FPL version over their own Sky version of fantasy football, showing how mainstream FPL has become recently.
Hi, I don't know how many posts I have, but I have like 10 I think, and I joined just a couple months ago and I love FPL, I come here relatively often, please don't kick me out, thank you

Edit: I got 39 posts, I just checked my profile
Original post by sr90
This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

The only rules for joining are:

1) To ensure that this is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 50 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site. These 50 posts must be made by the end of September. Exceptions can be made

.2) The league will close to new entrants at the end of GW3. After this period, no new teams will be admitted, although you are still welcome to post in the thread and discuss all things FPL.

Previous years have had a prize awarded to the winner - THIS IS TBC

LEAGUE CODE = of0ck9
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Ozymandias007
Yes, it is more popular than 2 seasons ago, last season, at GW38, it had 9 Million players, this year is projected to have 10 Million

I think when I used to play there were about 6 million players.
Reply 7
I just joined woo :smile:
Reply 8
Imagine not captaining Haaland :rofl:
hi, I'm captaining Rashford and Haaland on home games, since they have alternating home games
Original post by Mess.
Imagine not captaining Haaland :rofl:
hi, I'm captaining Rashford and Haaland on home games, since they have alternating home games

I don’t play but I can tell you that if I were I would be captaining Haaland pretty much every game week.
I agree, its just I thought I could alternate Captaining between them because they have alternating home games, but then Haaland's brace made me remember why he was so good in the first place lol
I don’t play but I can tell you that if I were I would be captaining Haaland pretty much every game week.
I agree, its just I thought I could alternate Captaining between them because they have alternating home games, but then Haaland's brace made me remember why he was so good in the first place lol

I don't know what other top players people have since I don't play but it would just be safe to keep it on Haaland. However, De Bruyne is injured now so I would consider looking at other options if their fixtures look favourable.
People were captaining Salah in GW2, against Bournemouth (last season Liverpool won 9-0, even though Salah blanked), and Saka is pretty consistent too, so people were with him as well. A lot of people were alternating between Haaland and Rashford for home games, based on both's form last season, but Man U are having problems, and you can tell Rashford prefers left wing and not ST, just watch how he played against Wolves (not including how he gave an interview in which he said he preferred left wing).

Do mind however, even though Man U are struggling at the moment and have both easy and hard fixtures coming up, Onana is a great player to have, as he makes a lot of saves, gets bonus and sometimes keeps clean sheets (and when he doesnt, he rarely lets in more than one, occasionally two). in fact, he got 10 points on his debut against Wolves and 6 saves against Spurs
I don't know what other top players people have since I don't play but it would just be safe to keep it on Haaland. However, De Bruyne is injured now so I would consider looking at other options if their fixtures look favourable.
Prediction Questions for all of you:

Biggest flop?
Biggest surprise?
Biggest surprise (team)?
Best Signing?
Best play maker?
Most clean sheets?

No goalscorer question, since its obviously Haaland lol
Although Cash could match him, in own goals lol, 2 OGs in 4 matches, and 2 more in preseason!
Back on top, how I like it.
Original post by little_wizard123
Back on top, how I like it.

Im back in 72nd... just how l dont like it! lol
Im back in 72nd... just how l dont like it! lol

Amazed that many people are even in the league…
Original post by little_wizard123
Amazed that many people are even in the league…
ikrrrrr, hope that next season it's the sameeee

Quick Reply

Latest