The Student Room Group

Dutch Universities

cheaper than the uk =1400 or something

and quite a few courses are english taught.

Anyone know how I go about funding?? Or would I have to save up like crazy?
Reply 1
I am Dutch myself but I want to study in the UK:tongue: But I do know that in the Netherlands students get grands using the IB groep, you can find more information on it here: http://www.ib-groep.nl/International_visitors/Studying_in_the_Netherlands/general.asp

There it says that "In some cases, foreigners are eligible for a student grant for a course in the Netherlands."
Reply 2
You would either need a special visa, or one of your parents would have to be from the Netherlands/have worked in the Netherlands in order to be eligible for a grant. If not, you can apply for a loan through DUO IB groep.

this is the link

http://www.ib-groep.nl/international_visitors/EU_EEA_students/Contribution_to_tuition_fees.asp

good luck :wink:
Reply 3
You can get a loan from the Dutch government or if you get a job (and work 32 hours a month) you can get a government grant.
Reply 4
Isn't there a possibility to use your English student loan for studying in the Netherlands? I know it's possible for Dutch students to study in the UK and receive a government grant from the Dutch government, so maybe it works the other way around as well?

Saving up is always a good idea though, saves you stress because you're less likely to run out of money.. :-D
Reply 5
Original post by Zusje
Isn't there a possibility to use your English student loan for studying in the Netherlands? I know it's possible for Dutch students to study in the UK and receive a government grant from the Dutch government, so maybe it works the other way around as well?

Saving up is always a good idea though, saves you stress because you're less likely to run out of money.. :-D

Unfortunately you can't use your student loan for an overseas university
I'm looking into this too (Maastricht). You have to apply through the Dutch government for student loans, not sure about grants though. I think you can apply for Dutch grants as long as you're not receiving English grants as well. :smile: I'm pretty sure it said on the StudentFinanceEngland website that they don't fund you if you're going overseas.
Waaait, weren't you the guy I was talking to on the Dundee chat thread?? :biggrin:
Hello!

Studying in Holland will cost about £1,500 a year and degrees range from 3 to 4 years (the cost is still cheaper than one year at a UK uni!)

The Dutch have a system called www.studielink.nl (it's like UCAS) and you can easily apply for your degree this way.

Funding you normally have to speak to the university directly but if you are from the EU you can work a certain amount of hours and this will help! Work hard through the summer and you should be OK!

If you are going to uni in 2012 then you should come along to The Student World Fair - it's a free event and you could win £3,000 towards your studies abroad! you can meet with over 50 universities from all over the world and ask them everything you need to know!

www.thestudentworld.com

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to drop me a personal message I'll help where I can!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending