The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Studying at OU and applying at a Dutch university

I'd like to apply to ou and get a certificate of higher education and in a year apply to a university in the Netherlands for psychology program. Not sure whether the certificate will be recognised. What are my chances
Original post by Tracyladie
I'd like to apply to ou and get a certificate of higher education and in a year apply to a university in the Netherlands for psychology program. Not sure whether the certificate will be recognised. What are my chances

You'd need to check with a few potential target unis in the Netherlands, specifically to ask about their policies for transfer-in credit and prior distance learning. They'll likely need to see your most recent interim transcript.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I did try but the response is so vague. I read on a nuffic website and the certHE is equivalent to a one year at a Dutch bachelor's university.
I checked Tilburg uni and indeed you can study a year at a research university in your home country related to the program you intend to pursue.(paraphrased)
Distance learning in my country isn't possible.

I'll try to send an email again. But it's just not clear.

My only worry is to study at OU completely online, join BPS But I'll still have a hard time getting accredited in the Netherlands by the BIG to be recognised as a psychologist without a Dutch education. And I may go through a similar hustle trying to enroll for masters.🤦
Original post by Tracyladie
I did try but the response is so vague. I read on a nuffic website and the certHE is equivalent to a one year at a Dutch bachelor's university.
I checked Tilburg uni and indeed you can study a year at a research university in your home country related to the program you intend to pursue.(paraphrased)
Distance learning in my country isn't possible.

I'll try to send an email again. But it's just not clear.

My only worry is to study at OU completely online, join BPS But I'll still have a hard time getting accredited in the Netherlands by the BIG to be recognised as a psychologist without a Dutch education. And I may go through a similar hustle trying to enroll for masters.🤦

If you're studying for an accredited course, you'll need to make sure te OU modules are also accredited. If they're accredited for UK it's more likely but not a guarantee of compatibility with another country's accrediting body.
Reply 4
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
If you're studying for an accredited course, you'll need to make sure te OU modules are also accredited. If they're accredited for UK it's more likely but not a guarantee of compatibility with another country's accrediting body.

Thank you. I'll definitely look into this as well especially the modules too

Quick Reply

Latest