The Student Room Group

LSE law asked me for my fluency in a language

hi i applied for LSE law and they just emailed me asking me how fluent i am in my native language of dutch and to explain how i learned dutch ect as they need it to make the final decision on my application. Is this normal? and why would they need this information for law as i am at an fully english school? I’m scared as i do it for one of my subjects that they wont count it but i need it to count to even be able to get an offer? is that a thing?
Original post by Viafrancis
hi i applied for LSE law and they just emailed me asking me how fluent i am in my native language of dutch and to explain how i learned dutch ect as they need it to make the final decision on my application. Is this normal? and why would they need this information for law as i am at an fully english school? I’m scared as i do it for one of my subjects that they wont count it but i need it to count to even be able to get an offer? is that a thing?
Hi there,

That is quite interesting, I have not personally heard of this situation before, have you ensured that it is from the LSE law school? I think it will be best just to answer the question honestly, if you are currently doing it as one of your subjects, I think it should count and it will be beneficial if you have achieved a high grade in it.

If you are concerned about this, I would recommend getting in touch with the LSE law schools via an e-mail address found off their website. It may also be useful to look at their entry requirements, or enquire about the Dutch language requirements?

I hope this helps
Chloe
University of Kent student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending