Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Oh well its an idea I guess!

Yeah thanks :smile: Still bit of time though only 15 :P
Reply 81
false dichotomy galore
Reply 82
Might as well set aside some for uni/A level summer!

I've not had a job for the last few years and am spending my small savings on a holiday this summer meaning i will have practically nothing for living expenses at uni.

Save it!
£1000 is very good for a 15 year old
make sure you spend it soon because £1000 is not much at all when you're older
1000 pounds is a lot seeing it is equal to 116,000 in my currency..
Reply 85
I'm 18 and its not that much to me. Although I've saved rigorously since I was little and have quite a bit more than that.
In what world is £1000 quid not a lot? If you won a grand you'd be like "meh, not a lot".

Of course it's a lot, some of you dickheads need a reality check. If £1000 isn't a lot of money to you (especially at 15) then life hasn't touched you.

Wealth is indeed relative but £1000 will always (well as far as the near future anyway) be a lot of money, maybe you have forgotten the real world and have your head so far up your ass you don't remember but trust me it is.

Just another example of how spoiled some people in this country are that a months wages to those LUCKY ENOUGH to have an average job is "nothing".

Get to ****.
Reply 87
Original post by Liverpool's Number 9
In what world is £1000 quid not a lot? If you won a grand you'd be like "meh, not a lot".

Of course it's a lot, some of you dickheads need a reality check. If £1000 isn't a lot of money to you (especially at 15) then life hasn't touched you.

Wealth is indeed relative but £1000 will always (well as far as the near future anyway) be a lot of money, maybe you have forgotten the real world and have your head so far up your ass you don't remember but trust me it is.

Just another example of how spoiled some people in this country are that a months wages to those LUCKY ENOUGH to have an average job is "nothing".

Get to ****.

Could you actually be any more delusional? There is a difference between earning £1000 or winning it as a prize. Sure I would be happy if I won a £1000 but it's hardly going to be life changing for me or anyone else here.

And to suggest that someone is spoilt because they have a good job is retarded.
Just because I have a have a good job doesn't mean I didn't work hard to get there.

Work hard, play hard!
Original post by iholdthem
Could you actually be any more delusional? There is a difference between earning £1000 or winning it as a prize. Sure I would be happy if I won a £1000 but it's hardly going to be life changing for me or anyone else here.

And to suggest that someone is spoilt because they have a good job is retarded.
Just because I have a have a good job doesn't mean I didn't work hard to get there.

Work hard, play hard!

The question is, is £1000 a lot.

I'm not suggesting you're spoilt if you have a good job, I'm suggesting you need a reality check if you think in any way £1000 is not a lot of money.

If £1000 is not a lot of money then why are people bothering moaning about price increases? Why are students so upset about having to pay more for their education?

It's because people in the real world know that £1000 is a lot of money. You could feed a family for months on that but it's not a lot of money? Do one.
Reply 89
For a 15 year old yes and i suppose its quite a lot of money to anyone really if its spare cash. however it depends on what you were going to spend the money on, its a lot of money for clothes,games console but not so much if you wanted a 3 week luxurious Caribbean cruise,
Reply 90
The question is £1000 a lot TO YOU. The OP is not asking us whether we think £1000 is a lot to the Queen or Tony Blair..

They are moaning because they think DIFFERENT. It's an opinion, there isn't a right or wrong answer and people generally think different. People are moaning about price increases because it is something they are not used to and don't understand how the economic climate works in the slightest. The students are upset for the stupidest reasons, they have no idea how the new prices are affecting them they just see XXXX on the screen when really if you look down into the details they are probably a lot better off than £3k students are.

What on Earth is the "real world"? £1000 in africa could support someone for months if not years but in central london it will probably last you a few weeks. It would probably feed my family for 6 weeks which is 4 people. That also doesn't take into account morgage/rent/car/bills/going out/etc and if you include that then it really isn't anything at all.
Reply 91
I'd say the opposite...

I think it's best to save it now, while they won't have a lot of outgoing costs
Reply 92
Original post by DopplerEffect
1000 pounds is a lot seeing it is equal to 116,000 in my currency..

Where is that?

If I save up £8621 I can go to your country for a week and I would be a millionaire :cool:
It is a lot to some people, like me, but not for others.

For me it is a few months rent, which is good times :smile:
Reply 94
Ah, the things I could do with a grand...
Reply 95
Why do you need to spend it? Save it if you don't have anything you need to use it for?
Reply 96
It doesn't need to be spent, just leave it till you want something, and it doesn't have to be anything important, it's your money, so you can spend it on anything that'll give you pleasure.
But more times than not if you spend money for the sake of spending it, after the moneys all gone something will come along that you actually really want, and you'll regret it.
Definitely dont save it for uni or whatever, thats ages away and as others said when you get to a certain age £1000 is nothing so dont leave it too long. :wink:
Original post by IGetGully
Where is that?

If I save up £8621 I can go to your country for a week and I would be a millionaire :cool:

I live in Bangladesh, 1 pound = 120 taka... :biggrin:
Reply 98
im 14 i got £1020
Reply 99
Not a lot to be called rich but it's enough for a lot of things

Latest

Trending

Trending