The Student Room Group

I think I have a Cifas Marker on my name , can I still open any banks ?

A friend I worked with sent me money to withdraw for him because he was having problems with his bank and he urgently needed the money and somehow after sending it both my bank accounts with NatWest and Halifax ended up closing , I applied for Nationwide but they declined my application so I’m assuming I must have a marker on my name , will any other banks accept me
(edited 3 months ago)
Assuming you do have a fraud marker, probably not. Check with then directly with a subject access request.

From the way you are talking I have to assume you knew there was something dodgy about this and there's no grounds to appeal it with your old bank.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Yh I had a feeling but I didn’t think it’d be that serious cuz it was only £150
Reply 3
What other banks would let me in?
Reply 4
Original post by Ns.osc
A friend I worked with sent me money to withdraw for him because he was having problems with his bank and he urgently needed the money and somehow after sending it both my bank accounts with NatWest and Halifax ended up closing , I applied for Nationwide but they declined my application so I’m assuming I must have a marker on my name , will any other banks accept me

Don't assume, check. Apply to CIFAS for a Data Subject Access Request. However, how could your friend transfer money, but not withdraw it? Did it come from their account? Its not the amount, but the process that sounds dodgy; if you have problems with your bank, you sort it with your bank and don't try to circumvent it.

You most likely won't be able to get a bank account with any organisation that's signed up to CIFAS.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Don't assume, check. Apply to CIFAS for a Data Subject Access Request. However, how could your friend transfer money, but not withdraw it? Did it come from their account? Its not the amount, but the process that sounds dodgy; if you have problems with your bank, you sort it with your bank and don't try to circumvent it.

You most likely won't be able to get a bank account with any organisation that's signed up to CIFAS.
Try cardmoneyone. The say they accept anyone that passes an ID check. They are also not affiliated with CIFAS. Although it is £12.50 a month
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia

Apply for suitme card. you do have to pay fees for any tranfers or withdrawals and putting cash in but they will accept you just need proof of identification. As |I am going throught the same thing as you right now as well. And you can also open a saving account with a bank as they don't check your credit score and won't have a direct debit but you will still have a sort code and account number and a card to only take cash out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending