The Student Room Group

Is it possible to live in London with 20k per year?

I have just received an offer from LiDo DTP and I was wondering if it’s possible to live in London with the fellowship. I would appreciate informations regarding the real living cost.

I don’t have any other income source.
Original post by lavimitiko
I have just received an offer from LiDo DTP and I was wondering if it’s possible to live in London with the fellowship. I would appreciate informations regarding the real living cost.
Wondering the same...got a fully funded offer from KCL but soon became disheartened when I figured out one might have to spend nearly a half of the stipend on the rent. So gloomy
Original post by lavimitiko

you can easily live in London with 20k if that money is all for living costs. rent in central London is usually around 1000/1200 a month but that can get lower if you live in a house with 3-5 people instead of 1-2. excluding rent I usually budget for around £150-200 a week for food and other costs, but again that can be lower if needed.
Reply 3
Possible, yes. But it would be a miserable life. Personally I would only do it if I were really, really interested in the opportunity on offer, and if there was a clear end date to the misery, and a plan for a more prosperous life after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending