The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by chemdweeb1234
melodramatic much?
ask your teacher :smile:

I would hav done so ages before!!!....but i m a private student, dear. :smile:
Reply 1581
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
It's in .docx format (2007 word document) so it should work :s-smilie:

I don't know how to upload in another format sorry.

Never mind...thnx for helping anyway....and i do not hav the 2007 format but the 2003 Ms Word format in my pc...that is why it does not work in my pc....thnx again.
Reply 1582
Chill. It's just some revision questions. Our teachers gave us EXACTLY the same sheet to use for revision and I found some other document which had them as well.

This. The answers to the in book questions are in the teachers' version of the A2 book, so if you ask them nicely, I'm sure they will photocopy them for you. Alternatively you can buy the teachers' version of the book but it's ridiculously expensive.

OOhh thnx for letting me know....but the Student's book already costed me about 28 GBP - because my local bookshop guy ordered it from another country so the parcel costs also add - and wut about the teaher's book? how much do u think it might cost?....it won't be like 100 GBP or more? if it wud b like 50 or sumthing, i wud surely buy it. anywayz i will check with it and thnx again for letting me know....

P.S. Costs are not big matters in education.....i pay like 65 GBP for every paper i sit for and this is Edexcel...for CIE , i hav paid like 200 GBP for a subject....

ooops i just realised i m being a bit odd.
Reply 1583
Original post by jklm123
any1 know the grade boundaries for jan 2011 paper??

just check the edexcel site....u wud find them there.
Reply 1584
Original post by Maria1234
Hey some people told me that the answers are in the CD- I tried I couldnt find it. It has been now 4 months that I am loooking for the answers for that book. I did not manage to find that it ,that is such a pain the a*s ,if you find it let me know .

thansks

ohhh sure i wil let u know....but some ppl here suggested that it is in the teacher's version of the book so u can check wid that.
Reply 1585
Chill. It's just some revision questions. Our teachers gave us EXACTLY the same sheet to use for revision and I found some other document which had them as well.

This. The answers to the in book questions are in the teachers' version of the A2 book, so if you ask them nicely, I'm sure they will photocopy them for you. Alternatively you can buy the teachers' version of the book but it's ridiculously expensive.

I am a private candidate, so i do not study in a school and so no teacher to help...but thnx for ur suggestions.
Original post by M Kh
Never mind...thnx for helping anyway....and i do not hav the 2007 format but the 2003 Ms Word format in my pc...that is why it does not work in my pc....thnx again.

Oh that's why you can't open it. I can save it as 2003 and attach it again if you want?

Original post by M Kh
I am a private candidate, so i do not study in a school and so no teacher to help...but thnx for ur suggestions.

I have the answers to the exam zone questions, but it's so long and it would take me way to long to scan them :frown:

Original post by touran22
hey guys, heres some questions to sink your teeth into! Theres quite alot so im guessing if you start these now and then towards the exam do the 3 pastpapers that are available, it should be a good combination!

i got some for 6BI04 and 6BI02

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhuznkz3njt

Thanks for this.
Could I have the link for the unit 4 questions please? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
i am sitting for this exam too. hope everyone's revision is going well
tes version?what do you mean....?
i bought this from amazone ,we normally use the other edexcel book with the orange cover. I think this one is better becuase it is more detailed
Original post by M Kh
ohhh sure i wil let u know....but some ppl here suggested that it is in the teacher's version of the book so u can check wid that.
Reply 1589
Thanks for this.
Could I have the link for the unit 4 questions please? :smile:

here you go :smile:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzmnhtjzzdd
Reply 1590
Oh that's why you can't open it. I can save it as 2003 and attach it again if you want?

I have the answers to the exam zone questions, but it's so long and it would take me way to long to scan them :frown:

Ohhh sure dear plz upload them into the Ms Word 2003 format, if u can.

And hw long wud it take for u to scan the examzone answers?....is it like really tooo long? if it is then never mind...

And ys, does ur teacher hav the answers to the in-text questions of the textbook? If ys, cud u plz ask her to pass them to u, if u can?

I hop sumone around her cud help wid this....if someone else's teacher has the teacher's version of the book, ask ur teachers if they mind to pass on the answers to u so that u guyz can share wid us, if u can?

Thanks all for helping.
Original post by M Kh
Ohhh sure dear plz upload them into the Ms Word 2003 format, if u can.

And hw long wud it take for u to scan the examzone answers?....is it like really tooo long? if it is then never mind...

And ys, does ur teacher hav the answers to the in-text questions of the textbook? If ys, cud u plz ask her to pass them to u, if u can?

I hop sumone around her cud help wid this....if someone else's teacher has the teacher's version of the book, ask ur teachers if they mind to pass on the answers to u so that u guyz can share wid us, if u can?

Thanks all for helping.

I've attached the word docs in 2003 format :smile:

Yeah it's around 20sides and I'm really busy with revision. If you're really stuck on a question, then quote me and I'll type out the MS answer.

We're on study leave now and our teacher only has a hard copy of the book, which she photocopied the examzone answers from for us. She did have the in-text question answers as well, but they are even more bigger and the department was running low on budget so she wasn't willing to photocopy them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1592
I've attached the word docs in 2003 format :smile:

Yeah it's around 20sides and I'm really busy with revision. If you're really stuck on a question, then quote me and I'll type out the MS answer.

We're on study leave now and our teacher only has a hard copy of the book, which she photocopied the examzone answers from for us. She did have the in-text question answers as well, but they are even more bigger and the department was running low on budget so she wasn't willing to photocopy them.

ohhhk thnx a lotzz for these....and do u know wut is the title/ISBN/publisher's name/author's name of this teacher's version of the Edexcel A2 Biology book....i will make effort to find it on my own but if u know the title/ISBN/publisher's name/author's name of that book, plz do tell me....and thnx again.
Reply 1593
ohh ys i found the name...
Reply 1594
anyone has the Edexcel A2 Biology Implementation guide??
I just read through this thread whilst revising for unit 5, and I thought i'd make an account, mainly to say that 'M Kh' is a ?unt, and also to post some useful answers to the possible exam questions which have been posted on here. They go quite in depth, more in depth than I thought the syllabus went but I suppose it's better to know too much rather than too little.

Also if you guys could point me in the direction of other people who have offers to study medicine at BSMS this september that'd be great.
oh and the '?' was a 'C'
Has anyone sat this paper before? Just wondering how accurate the 'suggested' questions are? Because everyone seems to have got the same questions :tongue: The ones our teacher gave us were the same that are on the internet. She said they were from the exam board :s-smilie:
Reply 1598
Something thats been confusing me alot lately lol, whats the difference between accommodation and habituation?
Can some1 help me - confused :confused:

Why does the heart respond to exercise? :

Is it because of the increase of C02 therefore decrease in ph. Chemoreceptors detect this and then the hrt rate increases ect...?

OR

Is it because of increase/decrease in pressure detected by baroreceptors and stretch receptors ect...?

In my revision guide it says tht exercise triggers a decrease in ph ad so the heart rate is increased, However, in my college text book it says that adrenaline decreases blood pressure at begginnig and so baraoresptors r not stimulated and so impulses sent down sympathetic and heart rate increases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending