The Student Room Group

AQA June 2011 Mechanics 1B 26th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
dammm i thought it was 10j, oh well xD
Reply 161
that seemed to go quite well for me. perhaps the riverboat question with the bearing angle is wrong though - seems like an area of contention.

fairly confident with the rest of the paper. i was absolutely panicking with 5 mins in. i had completely forgotten the suvat formulae. i wasn't even certain of the s = 1/2(u+v)t formula but i just stuck it in.

i finished with quite a bit of time to spare. perhaps i should have just done the harder questions again. i found myself scribbling out the speed-time graph at least twice because i labelled it incorrectly and had a line hitting the x-axis. got it right in the end though.

hoping for ums marks in the 90s now, i suppose...

good luck with the results!
Reply 162
I'm doing as level maths and further maths, and I just wondered if anyone knew how they work out your 2 grades at the end of year 12? Not sure which modules count for which.
Thanks.
Reply 163
hi has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme or got the paper so they cud upload it
^Yeah can anybody upload the paper please?
Original post by maxjmay
I'm doing as level maths and further maths, and I just wondered if anyone knew how they work out your 2 grades at the end of year 12? Not sure which modules count for which.
Thanks.

Not sure for all exam boards, but AQA rearranges them so the pures stay where they are and the others swap to give the greatest mark to normal maths. This is a bit rubbish because you might be able to get an A in both if your best modules go to further, but they go to normal maths so you can end up with an A and a B....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending