The Student Room Group

Studying at Middlesex Uni in Dubai

hey there,

i applied for Middlesex in London and i have been accepted starting on October,
when i was browsing the website i found out that there is a branch of middlesex in Dubai. the Qstion is, will i still get student loan/grand if i decided to apply for the Dubai branch since its the same uni but in a different country .
or the student finance goes only for students studying in the UK

:smile:
Reply 1
UP

:frown:
Reply 2
Pretty sure it only applies to the UK.
Don't go to Dubai. The reputation of the schools here is not great, even if they are branches of prestigious unis. College here seems to be about what car your daddy bought you and whether that's a real louis vuiton bag you're wearing, as opposed to actual studying.
Reply 3
Miss G is completely right. In the UK, university is about studying. In the UAE, universities are just businesses. They do not care about your education, only about your money. I attended MDX Dubai and the teaching is appalling, several students are repeating a year (some for the second time) and there is no student life. I'm sorry to have to say this - I went there full of hope, but I hope you'll reconsider!!
Reply 4
Remember that if you like to party/drink at uni, alcohol is crazy expensive in Dubai. We're talking £7+ per pint.....

Not that it's the main reason to choose a uni, but everything is expensive over there.
[.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending