The Student Room Group

Has anyone applied to audiology?

Hi I have applied to audiology 2023 at Leeds, Manchester, Southampton, Aston and Middlesex University

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiffanywan
Hi I have applied to audiology 2023 at Leeds, Manchester, Southampton, Aston and Middlesex University

I'm applying too! I've applied for Leeds, Manchester, UCL and DMU for Audiology. What is your first choice?
Reply 2
Original post by iveywinston
I'm applying too! I've applied for Leeds, Manchester, UCL and DMU for Audiology. What is your first choice?

Have you heard back from any unis yet?
Original post by yagv

Heard back from Manchester!
Reply 4
Original post by yagv

I got an offer from Aston yesterday!!! I was so surprised because they didn’t even interview me or give me a conformation email
I got an offer from Aston yesterday!!! I was so surprised because they didn’t even interview me or give me a conformation email

Congrats!! I’ve heard that Aston and DMU don’t do interviews for their course, it depends on the uni. But congrats on getting an offer so quickly!!!
Reply 6

Omg, congratulations!! 🥳
Reply 7

Leeds is my first choice!! It’s the closest to home and I visited on open day and really liked it. I know the city quite well already. I am eligible for contextual offers there too, so I have to firm Leeds to get them if I get an offer haha. What’s your first choice?
Reply 8
Original post by yagv
Omg, congratulations!! 🥳

thank you so much!!🥰
Reply 9
Congrats!! I’ve heard that Aston and DMU don’t do interviews for their course, it depends on the uni. But congrats on getting an offer so quickly!!!

Thank you!! If you don’t mind me asking, what did Manchester say? did you get an interview?

Hello, tiffanywan
Its great you have applied to study Audiology with us.
My name is Rebecca I am a student ambassador for Middlesex University.

One thing I really like about studying at Middlesex University is the equal focus on theory and practical skills that has helped me develop my skills that I am now refining after graduation to equip me for the world of work.

I would recommend comparing institutions student satisfaction and employment rates on the National Student Survey Website https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-comparison/

https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/healthcare-science-audiology

I would also recommend booking onto our open days if you haven't already to get a better perspective of what it would be like to study with us by seeing the campus talking to students and lecturers from the course.

The next one is on the 25th February 2023 you can book on here
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/meet-us/ug-events/open-day

Good luck with your applications if you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:
Leeds is my first choice!! It’s the closest to home and I visited on open day and really liked it. I know the city quite well already. I am eligible for contextual offers there too, so I have to firm Leeds to get them if I get an offer haha. What’s your first choice?

My first choice is Manchester, Leeds will probably be my insurance if I get an offer.
Thank you!! If you don’t mind me asking, what did Manchester say? did you get an interview?

Thankfully, I got invited to an interview in January! Do you have any updates about your application?
Reply 13
Yes, luckily I have an interview with Manchester in January too, they haven't confirmed an exact date yet though. Thank you for asking!!
Reply 14
Original post by naamivey

Hey, have you heard back from UCL yet?
Original post by yagv
Hey, have you heard back from UCL yet?

Yeah, I got an offer
Reply 16
Yeah, I got an offer

Wow, congratulations 🎉 when did you receive the offer
I’m still waiting for them to come back to me
Original post by yagv
Wow, congratulations 🎉 when did you receive the offer
I’m still waiting for them to come back to me

Thank you!! I got the offer a week ago.
Reply 18
Thank you!! I got the offer a week ago.

Ahh, okay, I got an email from them saying they’re looking at my application. Do you know anyone who is studying audiology at UCL?
Original post by yagv
Ahh, okay, I got an email from them saying they’re looking at my application. Do you know anyone who is studying audiology at UCL?

No I don’t know anyone, I applied in November and they replied 2 months later. UCL just started to send out offers a week ago I think.

Quick Reply

Latest