The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
was wondering how everyone was replying just the smiley

Ninja powas :ahee:
Original post by futuredoc77
Ahh nice! Not working then? :ninja:

Yeah, we've noticed your neglect :holmes:

Still working, I love the money too much. :biggrin: Quitting in a couple of months though and looking forward to a laaazy summer.

I'm sorry... :puppyeyes:
Original post by SabreT
I work in sales so I have to sell people stuff they don't need :sigh:

To be honest my gap year hasn't exactly been fun either, im looking forward to going back to education, I feel my brain is becoming a blob of mush.

And the degree will be hard work, but definitely interesting! :smile:
:lol: Doing good then? :ninja:

Yeah, gap years are definitely over-rated.... if you're not travelling :dontknow:

I know!! :eek: I can barely use an ounce of my brain these days :emo:

Oh you're gonna have fun alright! It'll be awesome :nutcase: you'll probably miss the lazy gap-year days, but it's still gonna be epic :daydreaming:
Reply 83
I'd still say it's active :dontknow: at least you're doing something

That's great! So moving to Manchester then? :woo:

Picked the halls yet? :ninja:

Oh, I'm pretty sure it was 4 years :hmmmm:
The one in Manchester will be 5 years from next year onwards :teehee:

I guess so. Yup, I can't wait. When you're down there maybe you can come and visit my..umm..bed sometime? :colone: Yup chosen all en-suites :biggrin:. I literally am soo excited of going to Manchester, heard the night life is immense.
Reply 84
I feel like **** :frown:

It is only because everyone has been quite horrible to me and have told me that I have wasted a year of my life. I don't feel this way because I have gained loads of money and I feel as if I have matured and gained some self-confidence. I may not have gained a place at medical school but I do plan on becoming a doctor, someday :frown:
Blah blah blah blah :gah:
Original post by Retrospect
Still working, I love the money too much. :biggrin: Quitting in a couple of months though and looking forward to a laaazy summer.

I'm sorry... :puppyeyes:
Oh niceee.. I forgot where you worked :ashamed2:

Oh so thinking of a free summer, that's cool :yep: anything exciting planned or just "laaazy" like you say? :ninja:

It's okay, you're forgiven as long as you make contribution from now on :hmmm:
Original post by Gowrav
I guess so. Yup, I can't wait. When you're down there maybe you can come and visit my..umm..bed sometime? :colone: Yup chosen all en-suites :biggrin:. I literally am soo excited of going to Manchester, heard the night life is immense.

:woo:

Maybe I will :sexface:

Oh, that's cool. The halls around here are :sogood::coma: and yep, it's a pretty great city with a lot of opportunities for students. You'll certainly have fun :gah:
I think I'm already becoming the top poster of the thread :ninjagirl:
Original post by dearyme
Hey people, back from South Africa it was incredible...I have actually turned into the Gap Yah guy though but I dont care :biggrin:

I see you have all been busy as we are on Mark IV!

:gah: Wanna tell us about it?
What kind of things did you do? :teeth:

Any memorable experiences?

I'm all years to your "gap yah"ness :daydreaming:
Reply 90
Original post by Gowrav

Ha it defo is! Nuff clubs!

Original post by hawflo
I feel like **** :frown:

It is only because everyone has been quite horrible to me and have told me that I have wasted a year of my life. I don't feel this way because I have gained loads of money and I feel as if I have matured and gained some self-confidence. I may not have gained a place at medical school but I do plan on becoming a doctor, someday :frown:

who are these pricks, bet your grades are better than theirs
Reply 91
Original post by dmz

True..maybe you can come down as well..in my bed flat (no homo)
Reply 92
Original post by Gowrav
True..maybe you can come down as well..in my bed flat (no homo)

Haha I'll be too busy in Leeds, getting std's!

Doubt I'll get much but it's nice to dream :tongue: lol
Reply 93
Original post by dmz

who are these pricks, bet your grades are better than theirs

My parents, fathers friends and people at work :frown:
Original post by hawflo

:console:

Don't let them get to you. If you think you did the right thing, forget about them. It's your life and you're responsible for it, not them :nah:
Reply 95
Original post by hawflo

Tell me where you live and I will give them a back-hand slap. Afterwards, they will realise they were wrong. Does that sound fine with you?

:colone:

I actually know how you feel. Probably more than anyone here. I studied a degree and my parents just think I wasted my time and should have gone with medicine from the start.

Are you Asian? Sadly, that is the way Asians are like. Mentally retarded. :tongue:
Reply 96
:console:

Don't let them get to you. If you think you did the right thing, forget about them. It's your life and you're responsible for it, not them :nah:

Futie, you are always so kind to others. But, why iz you always mean to me, blood. You made me sad now. :frown:
Reply 97
Original post by hawflo

that's harsh. I've had a bit of criticism from parent's/family friends too and make it out like I'm not doing a proper degree, some fool tried to say nursing was better yesterday even tho he has no idea what the course was about. ****bricks.
Original post by firestar101
Futie, you are always so kind to others. But, why iz you always mean to me, blood. You made me sad now. :frown:

When was I mean to you? :puppyeyes:
Reply 99
Original post by firestar101
Tell me where you live and I will give them a back-hand slap. Afterwards, they will realise they were wrong. Does that sound fine with you?

:colone:

I actually know how you feel. Probably more than anyone here. I studied a degree and my parents just think I wasted my time and should have gone with medicine from the start.

Are you Asian? Sadly, that is the way Asians are like. Mentally retarded. :tongue:

my mum doesn't brag about me to her friends anymore which I'm glad about cos it always feel like the world knows my business, I'd get random women hugging me in church. Like back the **** off i don't know you. I hate the short sighted-ness

Latest

Trending

Trending