The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS4 NON-CSR THREAD 20th June 2011 - Resources in the first page!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ainm
Topics that hadn't been on yet before; (excluding social as it's this years research topic)

Understanding Mission Aims and Objectives

Relationship between Businesses & Political/Legal Environment

Relationship between Businesses and the Technological Environment

Internal causes and planning for change

Thanks for that :smile: I really hope Relationship between Businesses & Political/Legal Environment comes up. I really dread the change question cause i feel i can't think of any data to use for that topic :smile:
Original post by jaydemikaela

Thanks, that's great! :smile:
Reply 42
When it comes to evaluation I tend to only focus on two or three ways:

-PEST analysis
-SWOT analysis
-Long term vs short term

Just curious what methods other people go for and if it has worked for you in mock exams etc because I need to broaden my views
Reply 43
Original post by mike6329
When it comes to evaluation I tend to only focus on two or three ways:

-PEST analysis
-SWOT analysis
-Long term vs short term

Just curious what methods other people go for and if it has worked for you in mock exams etc because I need to broaden my views

Wouldnt pest and swot analysis be analysis points not evaluative? I would say use prioritise the most important point and give an advantage and a disadvantage to it. I also like to end with it depends on .... e.g state of the economy, corporate objectives
Reply 44
Original post by IanLim93
Wouldnt pest and swot analysis be analysis points not evaluative? I would say use prioritise the most important point and give an advantage and a disadvantage to it. I also like to end with it depends on .... e.g state of the economy, corporate objectives

I would interpret that point as the economic factor in pest. Do you also evaluate after each point made, then end with a more detailed one?
Reply 45
I would interpret that point as the economic factor in pest. Do you also evaluate after each point made, then end with a more detailed one?

Might be a good idea to do so incase you run out of time to write a proper conclusion. The examiner also might look at your work more favourably the quicker you move up the skills in your essay. (Although maybe that's wishful thinking :biggrin: )
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46

Yeah. My teachers said it would be easier for the examiner to give you evaluatie points.
Reply 47
Can any1 please tell me how to prepare for Section B. Section A im ok with, but Section B i really don't know wat to do or what to research etc... Help :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by gwatters13
Can any1 please tell me how to prepare for Section B. Section A im ok with, but Section B i really don't know wat to do or what to research etc... Help :frown:

It's hard to prepare for Section B to be honest.. it could be about anything! :frown: just read business news etc and make notes on certain businesses and how they have succeeded or failed in what way? I'm not too sure about this... or do some past papers on section B :smile:
Reply 49
Could someone just show me what they've done for Section B it would be a great help...
Reply 50
Original post by gwatters13
Could someone just show me what they've done for Section B it would be a great help...

Do you mean in terms of notes? Or like an essay answer??

If it's notes I've posted some notes on firms that went for internal/external growth if you want to look at it :smile:
If technology, competitive environment or Economics came up in Section B I will be the happiest girl in this exam. None of this 'Change' rubbish.
Besides that would it be wise in this case to evaluate throughout instead of at the end of the whole essay and then a final concluding point ?
Reply 52
Original post by MissCardboardBox
If technology, competitive environment or Economics came up in Section B I will be the happiest girl in this exam. None of this 'Change' rubbish.
Besides that would it be wise in this case to evaluate throughout instead of at the end of the whole essay and then a final concluding point ?

Yes it would be wise to evaluate after each point because if you do run out of time then you'll be rushing the evaluation which is worth the most marks out of the assessment criteria(?) CPAE. :smile:
Reply 53
I dont like the PEST stuff..
Reply 54
Original post by Rose Bennett
what's SWOT analysis? :/
i've been taught PESTLE as apposed to PEST (Political, Environmental, Social, Technological, Legal, Environmental)
but what exactly is SWOT?
:/ x

SWOT is

Strength
Weaknesses
Opportunities and
Threats!

Strengths and weaknesses are to do with the inside of a business (i.e. Apple's strengths is their innovation of their products but their weakness could be for example like problems with the iPhone 4 in terms of connection) (these may not be true they're just examples)

Opportunities and threats are to do with the external environment! (Apple's opportunities may be to develop its iTunes into their mobile phones to make it easier to buy music etc. whereas their threats could be the rise of their competitors competing against Apple for example Samsung!)

Hope this helped :smile: and sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, if you're still not sure feel free to ask again :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by Rose Bennett
thank you so much that was very helpful :smile: xx

Welcome :smile:
can someone summarise what you could write about the political and legal and what possible businesses could i include
Reply 57
use evidence-based evaluation at the end of every paragraph; and then some up with some final evaluation at the end.

Don't leave evaluation until the end of the essay; and don't evaluate without referring to your evidence

e.g. "the examples I have used of Subway and Premier Inn support strongly the argument that an organic growth strategy was a sensible approach to adopt during the recent recession"

Reply 58
On Section B, do we have a choice of three questions to answer?
Reply 59
Correct

Original post by Arslaan
On Section B, do we have a choice of three questions to answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending