The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Business Studies 6th June 5BS03

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by itsmehello
me too, it's way too high and the old spec you need 80%... which isnt fair!
If it is that high i think A* is impossible for me now :frown:

dunno...trying my best....just make sure you revise and do pratcise papers..
Hmm yea I know i've been revising the whole day and going to do past papers tomorrow, good luck for the exam!
Reply 22
Hmm yea I know i've been revising the whole day and going to do past papers tomorrow, good luck for the exam!

Thankyou, you too... :smile:
If there's only one past paper for our specification, are you guys just gonna do the old specs?
i think my teacher told me 90% is an A*
is this wrong? it does seem a bit high
if it is does anyone have a rough idea of the boundaries?

i heard that to get an A you have to get 80%
from my cw i got 37/40 but from my unit 1 exam i got 41/50 (which is kinda bad) but i got A's from both. The exam on monday is 50% of my b.s so i have to get at least 67/90 to maintain the A grade. Im finding this unit 3 exam hard, arghh i hate the long 10 mark questions :confused: Any helpful tips for them?
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
If there's only one past paper for our specification, are you guys just gonna do the old specs?

Yeah im gonna do the old specs too :smile:
Original post by Bubblegum_16z
i heard that to get an A you have to get 80%
from my cw i got 37/40 but from my unit 1 exam i got 41/50 (which is kinda bad) but i got A's from both. The exam on monday is 50% of my b.s so i have to get at least 67/90 to maintain the A grade. Im finding this unit 3 exam hard, arghh i hate the long 10 mark questions :confused: Any helpful tips for them?

Hmm i think its
90% A*
80% A
70% B
and so on...

For the 10 mark questions assess the question, discuss the advantages advantages, explain the reasons behind it and consequences, justify what u think, give a clear opinion and in your conclusion u can say what u think and a reson behind this, a flaw with it but why the flaw is not so important...
Just look at mark schemes and see what kinds of things u need to get 8-10marks and stuff i suppose.. :smile:
Can anybody put the link to the mark scheme please? :-)
Original post by tresbelle
What i think...motivation definitely, repeat purchase, break even- lot's of "assess" "explain" "justify" questions...judging by the practise papers, i don't think that 1 1/2 hours is anywhere near enough time....

Agreed, I did a past paper for my mock and barely finished.
Original post by Average Lad

Mark scheme for the specimen paper?
Original post by Average Lad

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE%20New%20GCSE/GCSE-SAMS-Business-Studies-Booklet-2008.pdf

I THINK it is from page 47, our you may have to hunt for it :wink:
Reply 31

pge 49-
You guys ought to consider yourselves lucky... On Monday i have two economic papers, unit 3 business & maths, History on tuesday and then maths again on friday. My class sepnt too long on the controlled assesments for both history and business so we havn't even been taught the syllabus for either business unit 3 or History! FML!

You guys got any good notes for business?? It would be appreciated
Reply 33
that's your school's fault..i'd complain
Btw...for last years exam, you needed 73 for an A*. So that's around 81%, but equiv UMS mark is 90. Anyway, good luck...only a day to go :frown:
Original post by aspire4gr8ness
Btw...for last years exam, you needed 73 for an A*. So that's around 81%, but equiv UMS mark is 90. Anyway, good luck...only a day to go :frown:

are sure cos the spec changed and they put up the grade boundaires i was told 90% is an A*
i got 70% in my mock and i just scraped a B
Reply 36
Is anyone doing 5BS05??
Guys where are you getting this 90% = an A* for tomorrows paper? That's ridiculous as the grade boundaries have'nt been decided yet, its always around 80%
Reply 38
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
Guys where are you getting this 90% = an A* for tomorrows paper? That's ridiculous as the grade boundaries have'nt been decided yet, its always around 80%

how do you know?
Original post by tresbelle
how do you know?

Hi. If you go to this http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1006%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf

and go to page 8. You will find grade boundries.

For A* it is 73.

So 73/90 then *100=81.1% :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending