The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Goverment & Politics 13th June Unit 3

The other exam boards have a thread so i thought i'd make an aqa one for anyone to share ideas etc.
Is anyone doing 3A, what sort of questions are you hoping for? Which topics have you revised etc?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing GOV3A WOO!!!

Nah, I'm not excited really. I've revised The Electoral Process and Democracy, Parties and Voting Behaviour. Don't like pressure groups that much.

We should set up a revision thread or something for the day before! (or now if anyone feels like it)
Reply 2
Original post by dominicdiep
I'm doing GOV3A WOO!!!

Nah, I'm not excited really. I've revised The Electoral Process and Democracy, Parties and Voting Behaviour. Don't like pressure groups that much.

We should set up a revision thread or something for the day before! (or now if anyone feels like it)

i'm definitely up for that. :smile:

i haven't done pressure groups either - definitely the worst topic and we didn't cover it all in class so i'm not going to waste my time with it.

I'm stressed that i don't know enough fact and figures to support my arguments properly! :|
Reply 3
You know what I'm stressed about? Not knowing enough synoptic. Like, we're supposed to somehow use knowledge from AS, but it seems like I've forgot most of the stuff even though parts are obviously similar. I'm guessing the synoptic part doesn't have to be too detailed, right? My teacher says that you can't just add it on at the end though because it doesn't work like that. She said it has to flow with the essay i.e. when a point is made.

Politics is like History due to all the stuff you have to know, mixed in with Religion (due to the long essays). Ha.
Reply 4
Original post by dominicdiep
You know what I'm stressed about? Not knowing enough synoptic. Like, we're supposed to somehow use knowledge from AS, but it seems like I've forgot most of the stuff even though parts are obviously similar. I'm guessing the synoptic part doesn't have to be too detailed, right? My teacher says that you can't just add it on at the end though because it doesn't work like that. She said it has to flow with the essay i.e. when a point is made.

Politics is like History due to all the stuff you have to know, mixed in with Religion (due to the long essays). Ha.

Yeh you don't have to go overboard with the synoptic examples but definitely add them in because it will gain extra marks. I also always struggle with how much to write, i can never tell when to stop!!!!!!! so its either too long or too short.

Do you have any good voting behaviour statistics from 2008 by anychance? :smile:
Reply 5
I must be doing GOV3B - political ideologies one. Anyone else doing this?
Reply 6
nope thats not one of my topics. Is your on the same day?
I've only revised Electoral system as yet ( not even direct democracy) :eek:
Didn't direct democracy come up in Jan? Hope this time electoral system comes up! :smile:
Going to make a start on Political Parties in a bit.
Hoping this time the question is about third party candidates ...
(edited 12 years ago)
Which is UK politics issues I thought that was 3A
Reply 9
Original post by ellie_the_owl
Which is UK politics issues I thought that was 3A

3a is 'the politics of USA'
Reply 10
Original post by wondergirl01
I've only revised Electoral system as yet ( not even direct democracy) :eek:
Didn't direct democracy come up in Jan? Hope this time electoral system comes up! :smile:
Going to make a start on Political Parties in a bit.
Hoping this time the question is about third party candidates ...

third parties would be a good one. i don't know whether to revise voting behaviour or electoral systems in more detail :|
Original post by i.love.heroes
3a is 'the politics of USA'

It's alright I'm a idiot forgot that it said AQA at the top of the thread and I'm on edexcel swear exams are turning my brain to mush.
Reply 12
Original post by bigdave
I must be doing GOV3B - political ideologies one. Anyone else doing this?

Yeah, I did this exam today! How did you find it?
The other exam boards have a thread so i thought i'd make an aqa one for anyone to share ideas etc.
Is anyone doing 3A, what sort of questions are you hoping for? Which topics have you revised etc?

Hey, I did this exam today. How did you find it?
Reply 14
Original post by whattheheck
Hey, I did this exam today. How did you find it?

I found it really hard, the questions were ridiculous. How about you?
pretty much babbled on about completely irrelevant rubbish.... aha :frown:
I found it really hard, the questions were ridiculous. How about you?
pretty much babbled on about completely irrelevant rubbish.... aha :frown:

It was a nightmare!Hope the grade boundaries are low. What sections did you do? I did voting behaviour and pressure groups. But spent waay to much time on the first 30 marker and had to bullet point the end of the 2nd! Horrendous! I knew pressure groups methods was going to come up, have been saying it to myself all day today and yesterday. Then in the exam and :shock:.
Reply 16
Absolute cracking set of questions! The electoral process one about nominating conventions - peach x
To be fair the 30 markers on Electoral Process and Political parties weren't that bad but it was the 10 markers that were horrible.
I hope grade boundaries are low :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by whattheheck
It was a nightmare!Hope the grade boundaries are low. What sections did you do? I did voting behaviour and pressure groups. But spent waay to much time on the first 30 marker and had to bullet point the end of the 2nd! Horrendous! I knew pressure groups methods was going to come up, have been saying it to myself all day today and yesterday. Then in the exam and :shock:.

haha oh noo, but i ran out of time for my conclusion and my answers to part a were far too short. ahh well, fingers crossed for unit 4!!! haha. i did voting behaviour and parties :|

Original post by wazp1
Absolute cracking set of questions! The electoral process one about nominating conventions - peach x

i didn't do that question but would have loved a third party question in political parties! :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by wondergirl01
To be fair the 30 markers on Electoral Process and Political parties weren't that bad but it was the 10 markers that were horrible :redface:
I hope grade boundaries are low :biggrin:

religious right, and gender gap . i defined them and ran out of stuff to say!! haha . men vote republican, women vote democrat..... done. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending