The Student Room Group

WJEC PY2 June 2011 - Exam

So there seems to be an absence of this thread, probably because everyone's on AQA aha, but still,

I was wondering how everyone found the exam?

I absolutely nailed Aims and Context, procedures, and the alternative evidence.

The methodology questions went well too, but they can be hit and miss with examiners so I've heard.

Findings and Conclusions was disastrous, went blank for some reason... just about managed to stick in 1 or 2 figures and some general conclusions.

I estimate I've got about 60 - 65/90, which is an A from past paper grade boundaries for PY2, but I may well slip to a B depending.

How did everyone else find it? :biggrin:
Reply 1
There's a discussion about PY2 here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1631305&page=2

To answer your question, the exam went okay for me. It wasn't brilliant, but I didn't expect to do that well anyway.

I think I did okay in the core study questions (except for the Asch one - I just wrote very general findings and conclusions!). Research Methods was terrible, though - I didn't have enough time to finish all of the questions (missed out the last 2), and for the ones I did do, I'm not confident about any of them.
Reply 2
Aye I saw that one, although it was more about predictions for the exam and less about how people actually found it!

Yeah my F + C was my worst one also, I could recite procedures, methodology, probably even alt. evidence for Asch, but F + C came up and I just went blank :|.
Reply 3
hi! does anyone know what the grade boundaries for py2 is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending