The Student Room Group

AQA Law Unit 4 June 23rd Exam Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MelissaJayne
Criminal damage you can intend or be reckless though, can't you? So that makes it basic intent? By becoming intoxicated, you've been reckless to do so, so it'd fail on that defence? That is the area I need to go over the most I think! :\

Yup, for criminal damage recklessness is definitely sufficient for the mens rea element of the crime. The case here is G and R where it was said that the test for recklessness in regards to criminal damage is subjective. The defendant must realise the risk of the damage and go on to take that risk.
Hello :smile: Don't suppose anyone knows how many questions we get to choose from on the Concepts of Law bit?? The old papers on the AQA website have four, but I'm sure there was only three when I did this exam last year..maybe I'm mistaken but was just wondering if anyone knows for definite!

Also I'm considering just doing two concepts...really bad idea??
it's three. :smile:
Reply 23
Well I have been told with Theft that it is not necessary to run over every AR and MR element if they are obvious (I do mention the full definition beforehand). I then discuss key issues of the theft and which problems will arise. Time = everything.
So I'm the only one doing Tort instead of criminal for this paper? haha I'd rather do criminal you're all so lucky!! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concepts of law questions hopefully law & morality will come up
Original post by nooneyouknow
So I'm the only one doing Tort instead of criminal for this paper? haha I'd rather do criminal you're all so lucky!! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concepts of law questions hopefully law & morality will come up

I hope for Morals too. That or fault. Really don't fancy justice though; find the essay much harder to construct so that it reads naturally and fluently.
Reply 26
Hopefully going to Cornwall for Exeter university, my offer is AAB, so double gulp! :| I got an A* in my lang/lit though so fingers crossed I'll get A/B in history & law. Doesn't seem you have a little brain to me! Yh uni is just a welcome 3 year delay before decided what I want to do with my life lol. Aaah, quote me in your exam if you mention the smelly girl :wink:

Exeter is in Devon..
I hope for Morals too. That or fault. Really don't fancy justice though; find the essay much harder to construct so that it reads naturally and fluently.

Definitely for some reason justice won't go in my head even though it's similar to morality I wouldn't mind judicial creativity either but I think morals will be in this one as they missed it last year.

Original post by Matt00
Exeter is in Devon..

Exeter has two campus' one in Cornwall and one in Exeter...
Original post by Matt00
Exeter is in Devon..

lol. What she said ^ Wow..did you really think I was that stupid to not know the location of the Uni I've applied to? :rolleyes:
Reply 29
does any one have the jan 2011, june 2011 past papers pls for this unitt!!??
Reply 30
How long are people planning to spend on the concept essay?
Good Luck!
Reply 32
How is everyone learning massive essays on (part c) morality, fault etc
I actually don't think I can memorise them :frown:
Reply 33

I'm doing tort as well :smile:
Reply 34
apprantly law and morality is the only one that hasnt come up so far ( or is the most likely to come up)

could someone please explain the ghosh test i dont have it in my notes and really dotn understand it!
Original post by nutty257
apprantly law and morality is the only one that hasnt come up so far ( or is the most likely to come up)

could someone please explain the ghosh test i dont have it in my notes and really dotn understand it!

Ghosh test is the test referred to in applying the mens rea (dishonesty) element of a few of the property crimes. It's a two part test, would the reasonable man consider the actions dishonest and did the defendant genuinely believe his actions to be dishonest. If the answer to both is yes, then he satisfies the dishonest requirement for the crime. It is for the jury to decide.
Reply 36
I'm doing tort and concepts. Hope morality comes up. Considering only revising two as I find fault really boring. :/ plus I don't actually have that many notes on it.
Reply 37
could any one link me to a thread about concepts? apparently there's lots but i cant find any?
Reply 38
Ooh 4, an extra concept to master then. Seems a bit of a workload to me. With doing just the three you're guranteed at least one will come up. You'll have more of a choice though I guess :smile: Mmm yeah, fraud is from two acts as well - which is annoying. Fraud Act 2006 for false representation and obtaining services dishonestly, and then Making off is theft act 1978? There are a hell of a lot of cases for the whole section but luckily some come from previous units. Such as Robinson :biggrin:

Do you have any other strange, random ways of remembering things? I remember Morris is appropriation by assuming the rights of the owner because my nan once swapped the labels on clothing in TK Maxx and her surname is Morris. Hahaha. The whole class remembers it by my nan's criminal ways!

Mate your a legend. I DO THAT TOO! i thought i was like the only one who does that haha. that made my day.
Original post by khanaggge
Mate your a legend. I DO THAT TOO! i thought i was like the only one who does that haha. that made my day.

Ha ha, glad to not be alone. Hopefully it'll serve us well in the exam on Thursday. Good luck to you. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending