The Student Room Group

(13th June) AQA a2 : ( Politics of the USA) -3A

How did you find it ?
I found the 10 markers were kind of hard :s-smilie:
It was harder than January's paper I think.
I completely agree!
The part As were awful and in panicking about them , the part Bs looked worse than they actually were :frown:
Reply 2
What questions did people do? I found it quite a challenging paper :/

I did the question on Voting Behaviour and then the one on Pressure Groups.
Reply 3
You know what?

I screwed it up. Couldnt answer the political parties question 10 marker.

Messed up on the political parties 30 marker as well :/ I didnt know you were supposed to write about party renewal/decline :/

FFS. I only need an E.....

I got a C in AS as well, Just need to do well on the paper for thursday!
Reply 4
I had revised voting behaviour in detail but that exam question didn't look too good so I ended up doing the Electoral Process topic and Political Parties.

Religious Right ? I didn't see that in my revision guide. I just rambled on about them being fundamentalists against modernism and issues like abortion. I said they are important because they stop America from becoming too liberal. That's about it.

For the essay Q on political parties I wrote more on why the Parties are organisationally
weak eg separation of powers, fedralism, no party whips , no manifesto and I wrote about them overlapping being loose labels ( due to size of country and diversity). Nothing about party renewal. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Basically I've failed.

I got 126 UMS points last year (A + E) - 160 to get an E

I need to get 34 UMS marks across these two papers >.< I doubt I will even get that! :frown: Need to revise so much for the thursday exam. Any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending