The Student Room Group

A-level History Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level History Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. I'm with OCR and really struggling with starting my coursework off, it seems alot to do and I'm becoming overwhelmed with how much there is, making me procrastinate even more
Original post by c8406
Hi. I'm with OCR and really struggling with starting my coursework off, it seems alot to do and I'm becoming overwhelmed with how much there is, making me procrastinate even more

What's the question you'll be doing your coursework on?
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca
What's the question you'll be doing your coursework on?

How far can Hitler be blamed for the outbreak of WW2
Original post by c8406
How far can Hitler be blamed for the outbreak of WW2

I reckon if it was me I'd start really basic and outline what factors I'm thinking to include. I'd start by mindmapping that and then developing each thought.
Reply 5
Original post by Pwca
I reckon if it was me I'd start really basic and outline what factors I'm thinking to include. I'd start by mindmapping that and then developing each thought.

Yeah I have some factors already such as Appeasement, Treaty of Versailles and Hitlers Foreign policy. I struggle mostly with fleshing out and developing my points. I’ll give the mind maps a go 👍
Original post by c8406
Yeah I have some factors already such as Appeasement, Treaty of Versailles and Hitlers Foreign policy. I struggle mostly with fleshing out and developing my points. I’ll give the mind maps a go 👍

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Exam Board: Edexcel; topics are from what I know witch craze early modern England and Russia when they stopped their monarchy
I enjoy the political aspects of my course
I struggle with the motivation to carry on with writing about topics especially through repeated links
Reply 8
Hiii😁
AQA Exam Board
Transformation of China
The British Empire
Original post by Pwca
This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.A few possible ice breaker questions are:What exam board are you with?What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:
Cambridge a levelI struggle with a level business studies
Reply 10
Original post by el2019
Hii, how are you revising/preparing for China? Have you found any useful websites? :smile:

I'm just going over my notes to make flashcards and I'll do past papers eventually. To be honest I'm never sure how to revise history 😭
Hi i am OCR exam board and am currently doing the initial planning of the coursework on Russia - the question is "How successful was the Tsarist autocracy in re-establishing its authority between 1905 and 1914?"

I have found plenty of primary sources for this online through websites like this - https://alphahistory.com/ and once opening my topic there is a button named 'documents' on the upper left side that you wanna go to.

Can anyone help me with where i may be able to find secondary sources in general excluding textbooks as i don't have access to one at the moment.
Original post by Pwca

i do AQA:
germany and tudors
coursework is american civil war.
im enjoying germany as i did it for GCSEs as well and it was my favourite topic but i found tudors and civil war to be quite boring
Original post by Pwca

Hello, I am doing Ancient History with OCR and am really struggling with remembering what ancient historian said what. Does anybody have any tips to help.
I'm doing AQA History
America
War of the Roses
My coursework is Kublai Khan and the Mongolian empire
I'm also doing OCR Ancient History
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Pwca

Hey There,
I’m on the AQA exam board.
My topics are Tsarism Russia and Britain Post WW2
My coursework in on the Golden Age of Piracy
Original post by acolourfulhuman
i do AQA:
germany and tudors
coursework is american civil war.
im enjoying germany as i did it for GCSEs as well and it was my favourite topic but i found tudors and civil war to be quite boring

That's what I'm doing as well, I agree germany is more interesting than the other two topics, it's hard to revise tudors sometime because it's so boring.
Hi, edexcel history
American Dream
India’s Road to Independence
British Experience of warfare
Original post by Pwca

I am doing AQA
Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964
Britain wars and welfare 1906-57
coursework: development of antisemitism in France 17th and 18th century
Reply 19
Original post by safiyahallott
Hi, edexcel history
American Dream
India’s Road to Independence
British Experience of warfare

Hey! Same here with American dream but I also do Tudors, do you have any recommendations for USA resources? I can barely find any!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending