The Student Room Group

japanese or german racial supremacists. who was the worse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DdotT
Let me remind everyone of Unit 731
while it may not be related to racial supremacy, i don't think Britain, the US, France, Canada, Turkey, Spain, India etc etc....and most middle wing countries would do these things.

Oh but it was. Remember who they were slaughtering and experimenting on?

Even Germany didn't go as far as Japan. They were more successful because they had quite precise goals - extermination of the jews, for one thing. The Japanese were just indiscriminately horrifying.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Osmond

Even Germany didn't go as far as Japan. They were more successful because they had quite precise goals - extermination of the jews, for one thing. The Japanese were just indiscriminately horrifying.

My point was that for some reason States with either a Ultra Right wing or Left Wing do these things compared to centre left of right goverments.
Reply 22
Original post by DdotT
My point was that for some reason States with either a Ultra Right wing or Left Wing do these things compared to centre left of right goverments.

My apologies, I hadn't read your post correctly.
Reply 23
Original post by Osmond
My apologies, I hadn't read your post correctly.

Nah thats what i tried to get at before but kind of went off topic :P
Original post by DdotT

I absolutely agree with that comment[think I said that in my last post basically, at the end] but as you say, what you were trying to argue with this, was veering off the topic somewhat in-terms of which of them were the worse ''racial supremacists''. The Nazi human experimentation, was largely instigated because of their beliefs in racial supremacy. Unlike the Japanese's human experimentation, were I can see more of a logic in their use of it to increase war waging capabilities[not saying it is right]. At least the Japanese were not as warped and evil as racial supremacists that they would use horrific human experimentation just to try and forward and prove their racial supremacy, unlike the Nazi's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Osmond

''The test subjects were selected to give a wide cross section of the population and included common criminals, captured bandits and anti-Japanese partisans, political prisoners, and also people rounded up by the Kempetai for alleged "suspicious activities". They included infants, the elderly, and pregnant women.''

This being unlike the Nazis, who only and purposely targeted so called sub-human groups like the Slavs and the Jews for test subjects. This being important because it show that the Nazi use of human experimentation was motivated by wanting to prove their racial supremacy over these groups because of them being racial supremacists - the Japanese didn't do this and they were racial supremacists. This makes the Nazi's worst in this respect, as racial supremacists, in my opinion.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by GraviticWar
''The test subjects were selected to give a wide cross section of the population and included common criminals, captured bandits and anti-Japanese partisans, political prisoners, and also people rounded up by the Kempetai for alleged "suspicious activities". They included infants, the elderly, and pregnant women.''

This being unlike the Nazis, who only and purposely targeted so called sub-human groups like the Slavs and the Jews for test subjects. This being important because it show that the Nazi use of human experimentation was motivated by wanting to prove their racial supremacy over these groups because of them being racial supremacists - the Japanese didn't do this and they were racial supremacists. This makes the Nazi's worst in this respect, as racial supremacists, in my opinion.

Wonderful. An excellent argument sir, I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think anyone could have have made it any clearer. It's not necessarily a question of "how bad they were", more or less which group was the worst as racial supremacists specifically.
Original post by Osmond
Wonderful. An excellent argument sir, I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think anyone could have have made it any clearer. It's not necessarily a question of "how bad they were", more or less which group was the worst as racial supremacists specifically.

Yes, I took the question as ''how bad they were as *racial supremacists*'' - thus, not including anything that wasn't motivated/enacted by their beliefs in their racial own supremacy, specifically. We'll leave the question scrutinizing there, anyway! :biggrin: I suppose you could take the question a few ways, it wasn't exactly given exact boundaries! I suppose looking back with hindsight, those of you that I quoted certainly made valid points. I was somewhat bigoted with enforcing my sole interpretation of the question, as the only and right one!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending