The Student Room Group

'Women are meant to be curvy..not look like boys'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Milky Milk
I personally was offended by the comments made in this article made by one women in particular.

I know it's from the Sun and everything.. :ashamed2:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3649513/Three-big-but-beautiful-Sun-readers-bravely-copy-Claire-Richards-nude-pose.html

The woman who said this Rebecca Deighton said:

Don't get me wrong I do believe that larger women have more pressures to have a slim body and more influences to sway them into wanting that type of body. But what annoys me is the ignorance of people like this women who have to put down other womens sizes in order to make herself feel much better about her own. Clearly she doesn't feel confident enough in her own body if she has to demean the body of others.

What people like her and those who constantly bash skinny people also don't realise is that some girls find it hard to put on weight and have the pressures of having a shapely, hourglass and sought after 'womanly' figure. The same goes for everyone assuming naturally curvy girls are overweight.

This mainly goes to slimmer girls who don't have 'curves', do you ever get really annoyed or upset by comments like these?

EDIT: Please move this to Fashion & Beauty or Society if that's it's rightful place :h:

She is clearly talking about girls who think they're fat when they actually have lovely lovely curves, no need to get offended if you happen to be skinny anyway.

Why aren't people happy with what they have? People with straight hair want curly hair, people with curly hair want straight hair, short people want to be tall, tall people want to be short, did you know in India it's fashionable to lighten the skin, in a similar way that tanning is fashionable here?
There are loads of different body shapes - as long as you're healthy, who cares?
Original post by Uneschka
It's not just the media though, what annoys me even more is that some women seem to think I don't have the right to complain because I'm naturally slim. Like they'd spend hours whining about how they need to loose weight and their boobs are too big and when I say something like 'it sucks that I can't put on weight even though I'm trying hard', I'm being ungrateful and insensitive. So annoying:angry:

I have a thing for petite girls, please stop.
They are not women, they are fat scum.

Original post by imperial maniac
She is clearly talking about girls who think they're fat when they actually have lovely lovely curves, no need to get offended if you happen to be skinny anyway.

Why aren't people happy with what they have? People with straight hair want curly hair, people with curly hair want straight hair, short people want to be tall, tall people want to be short, did you know in India it's fashionable to lighten the skin, in a similar way that tanning is fashionable here?

But those women ARE fat and disgusting.
No media should ever advocate such poor behaviour, especially seeing that the UK already has a major weight problem.

And weight is something you can control unlike hair, skin etc. These women are just lazy, gluttonous pigs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84

Petite is good, but being so skinny that people feel the need to ask you if you're anorexic, not so much. I was a horribly skinny child, despite eating like a rugby player:colonhash:
But yeah, I'm happy now, I'll stop :tongue:
It's all down to personal preference, nobody should be telling anyone how they 'should' look.

As long as you're not unhealthy, any shape/size is fine.

For example, my gf is quite skinny, but she's happy and I'm definitely happy with her, whereas my friend always thought she was too skinny for him.

Me tooooooooooooooooooo :colondollar:
Reply 87
Original post by ibelongtoslytherin
I say this every single time - those women on those pictures are not curvy - they are overweight

I agree because seriously being curvy doesn't have much to do with someones weight (slim people can be curvy too). Usually curvy people are just lucky, all the fat goes into right places. Boobs, bum and hips. And/or they have bones that create this shape. I'm the latter because I have huge hips and no matter how skinny I am, my bones stay the same. And when someone gains a lot of weight, they lose their curves. Huge belly makes them look like a giant ball.
(edited 12 years ago)
I love fat chicks, check my bio for confirmation.

1. Sleep With A Fat Chick
2. She Knows Good Recipes
3. ??????????
4. PROFIT

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=661084 :top:
Reply 89
Yep, I hate the self-righteousness of these women who are being just as prescriptive about what an 'acceptable' body type is. Ironic.
Reply 90
Original post by Mujeriego
Picture of Rebbeca Deighton in all her curvy glory.

Never trust women with tiny heads.

Hahaha, I was actually about to say that they probably don't look curvy when they are standing up. Even the way how they are lying there makes them look curvy. Everyone looks curvy that way! When you're almost lying on your belly (see the pictures and you'll understand what I mean, hard to explain), your bum creates this illusion that you have nice round hips. And that way even your waist looks smaller. Being curvy means hourglass figure, she looks more like a beach ball to me...
Original post by Peteo
You'll never be happy with what you've got because there's so many industries making billions of making girls feel insecure (make up, fashion, beauty products etc etc) to feel confident you need to detatch yourself from this culture slightly, Do you think women have always felt so insecure without all the images bombarded to us? The answer is no.

The very thing I'm trying to change. +reps.
Whatever man. It's up to the individual to decide how their body should look. Like previous posts have said we are all build differently. So if you wan to ''look like a skinny boy'' go ahead.
wtf, they're all ugly fat bitches with a load of flab! That's not being curvy at all. Vile jealous creatures methinks to insult women that stay in shape. I'd rather have a woman that 'looks like a boy' than one of these obese mingers!
(edited 12 years ago)
brb being curvy

Sorry to be blunt but all that a woman needs to be 'womanly' is a vagina.

This weight nonsense is depressing.
People are so shallow, it's fairly depressing
Reply 97
Women are not meant to be defined by their body
notsureifsrs.

Reply 99
Original post by Jimbo1234
But those women ARE fat and disgusting.
No media should ever advocate such poor behaviour, especially seeing that the UK already has a major weight problem.

And weight is something you can control unlike hair, skin etc. These women are just lazy, gluttonous pigs.

Guy has a point.

People should stop using curvy to describe someone who's got rolls and rolls too. It's just a thinly veiled excuse for being overweight using an alternative word that doesn't really fit the description.

To me, curvy means someone with a nice hourglass figure, that isn't too big or too small. Then again, intermediate weights don't exist in threads like this.

You're either a overweight and described as curvy. Or an anorexic and labelled as skinny rather than skeletal. With no inbetween.

Seriously though, curvy is thrown around like a bad excuse.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending