The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So, there's a thread for the Year 13s, and there's a thread for the Year 11s, but there isn't a thread for us Year 12s! This year is supposedly the "relaxing" year, between the GCSE results (Will I get into sixth form/college?) and A Level results (Will I get into Uni?). I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually quite nervous :tongue: obviously not as nervous as I was last year, and I doubt this will even compare to how nervous I'll feel next year, but oh well.

Less than a month to go :colone:
Reply 1981
no offence to anyone but this is the least 'relaxing' holiday/year.
i have to do well in the ukcat...bmat...amazing personal statement...revise for exams when i get back to school which will base my predicted grades!!!

so lots to do -- worst summer of all times
the gcse ones give you a break before making any decisions about summer
hols after yr 13 are the REALLY RELAXING ones as youve done everything in the application process and the results only await...then there is a months holiday before you start uni!!!

so im hating my life right NOW
so worried about results
part of my predicted grades are based on the upcoming results!! eek!!!
Eeee excited/worried/, good luck everyone! :biggrin: I hope i don't have to open my results in school! :eek:

Original post by abdkam
so im hating my life right NOW
so worried about results
part of my predicted grades are based on the upcoming results!! eek!!!

Just caaaalm, there's nothing you can do about your results now so there's no point worrying, and i'm sure they'll be fine! :smile:
Original post by Woffles
If I get into King's, I promise that I will iron my clothes that morning like this

If I got into King's, I think I'd be too busy being hysterical to be trusted with any hot appliances... Might just do the dance though, sans iron...
(edited 12 years ago)
My head of sixth form told me that we recieve an email just after midnight on the 18th from the university itself saying if we got into university or not... Im dreading it.
Original post by casiogeek
My head of sixth form told me that we recieve an email just after midnight on the 18th from the university itself saying if we got into university or not... Im dreading it.

Really? Haven't heard anything like that before...

Because I'm paranoid: I'm not the only one with the Clearing guide advert at the bottom of the page am I? :colondollar:
Original post by mzwoteva16
If I got into King's, I think I'd be too busy being hysterical to be trusted with any hot appliances... Might just do the dance though, sans iron...

Please film it! :laugh:

I don't think that's right. Some unis might do it, but I've not come across any that say so :confused:
Original post by Pheebs1201
This time in *4 weeks* we should all know our fate :cry:

That's really scary!
Original post by Rachel08
I don't think that's right. Some unis might do it, but I've not come across any that say so :confused:

Thats what my head of sixth form told me...Although if they do that then why do people wait and get up at 6 to check UCAS. I didnt believe it when i got told but it was in my letter from school. I would much rather that happen though :redface:
Thats what my head of sixth form told me...Although if they do that then why do people wait and get up at 6 to check UCAS. I didnt believe it when i got told but it was in my letter from school. I would much rather that happen though :redface:

So would most of us I think :biggrin:
I've been told it varies greatly from uni to uni what, if any, communication you get from them on results day.
Oh my, the last two exams were totally nightmare.......not looking forward to result date.
Still I should have enoug As and Bs to get into my first choice.
Original post by Rachel08
So would most of us I think :biggrin:
I've been told it varies greatly from uni to uni what, if any, communication you get from them on results day.

Yeah :smile: Im feeling okay about it though i think...until i found this thread i never used to think about it..but i cant help but go on here :tongue:
:O
4 weeks, this is now scary :redface: I had a dream that last night missed my offer for maths, but they would give me an alternative option to do maths with physics and everyone who applied for that course at my college had missed it (Emma), left me thinking all day :hmmm:
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Are you really doing History with english?

Nooo :redface: It was all a joke, but then I forgot to change it and won't be able to change it until next week :O

Original post by Groat
Given his profile and academic information, I think you can safely say no.

I still laugh at his signature every time. The New College of Humanities, rivalling Oxford and Cambridge? :giggle:

I would defininately never give up Emma for snobish rubbish :giggle:
Reply 1996
Can someone please tell me whether they know if the AS papers are marked by know?

Thanks and Good Luck everyone!
Original post by Groat
x

Original post by cpdavis
x

Original post by Pheebs1201
x

Original post by diamonddust
x

Think you're the only people I've talked to on this thread. Anyways, I won't be on TSR for a while, so if I'm not on before results day, I want to say good luck to you all, i'm sure you've done fab as usual! And hopefully you'll meet your firms (excl. Groat)

Urm.. so yeah.. that's all 8-)
Reply 1998
Original post by EffKayy
Think you're the only people I've talked to on this thread. Anyways, I won't be on TSR for a while, so if I'm not on before results day, I want to say good luck to you all, i'm sure you've done fab as usual! And hopefully you'll meet your firms (excl. Groat)

Aw, thanks man! I'll be crossing my fingers for us both when the grade boundaries are released for English Literature. Good luck with your results. :u:
Original post by EffKayy

Aww, thank you! :hugs: Have fun and best of luck with your results too! Has Groat done something to offend you? :tongue: :laugh:

Latest