The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sheep_go_baa
Will we be able to see our grades on UCAS? Or just whether we've gotten into university?
Butterflies thinking about it :frown:

I wish I could fast forward this part of my life! I hate all this anticipation!!!!

it'll just say if you've been accepted or not. :smile:
Original post by Ultimate1
Don't give up hope you may have got the A! :biggrin: Well yeah I need an A* but I already got it back in Jan lol.

Yeah you can be the 'special' law student :wink: not many do maths either i've found out in my personal experience.

Ah, congrats on that! :wink:

To be fair, I worked out I have around 75% raw marks in Maths (had a sneaky check at the answers on TSR), so it depends how the UMS grade boundaries work out this year.
Original post by Rascacielos
Ah, congrats on that! :wink:

To be fair, I worked out I have around 75% raw marks in Maths (had a sneaky check at the answers on TSR), so it depends how the UMS grade boundaries work out this year.

Thanks! :smile:

Well good luck, hope you'll get the A! :biggrin:

Also hispanic law looks interesting and different. :cool:
Original post by appleschnapps
Does anyone else have moments of "Yeah, I've done fine" and then other moments of "DEAR GOD HOW AM I SUCH AN IDIOT I HAVE FAILED EVERYTHING"? It's getting kind of frustrating, because I have really no idea what to prepare myself for come results day. :|

YES hate it although veering more towards omg I've failed at the moment :frown:
Thanks! :smile:

Well good luck, hope you'll get the A! :biggrin:

Also hispanic law looks interesting and different. :cool:

I figured it would be an interesting twist on straight law. I'll get my basic law degree, which will allow me the same ability to practice law in the UK as your average law student, but it'll be a law degree "with knobs on" as my Maths teacher would say. :tongue: Hoping it'll boost my employment prospects!

What are your plans post-uni?
Original post by Rascacielos
I figured it would be an interesting twist on straight law. I'll get my basic law degree, which will allow me the same ability to practice law in the UK as your average law student, but it'll be a law degree "with knobs on" as my Maths teacher would say. :tongue: Hoping it'll boost my employment prospects!

What are your plans post-uni?

Looks like it's good going in terms of employment oppurtunities!

Dunno I haven't given it much though. :s-smilie: A few months ago I was thinking of becoming a researcher but then I feel it would be overkill.
Looks like it's good going in terms of employment oppurtunities!

Dunno I haven't given it much though. :s-smilie: A few months ago I was thinking of becoming a researcher but then I feel it would be overkill.

A researcher in what?
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Yup :biggrin:

What have you done this time around ?

I have just done Music, Spanish, french and i repeated an English module which I did in January. I am a little unsure as to how i did because I was off sick for quite a while so preparing for exams was very stressful. What about you?
36.5 days guys :eek3:
Reply 1189
Does anyone else have moments of "Yeah, I've done fine" and then other moments of "DEAR GOD HOW AM I SUCH AN IDIOT I HAVE FAILED EVERYTHING"? It's getting kind of frustrating, because I have really no idea what to prepare myself for come results day. :|

Yeah!! I get all hopeful and become optimistic and think how hard i've worked then it hits me, that noooo way.
the most daunting thing is knowing that in the next week or so our grades will be finalised
Reply 1191
I usually have an idea of how well or bad I've done.. but I genuinely have NO idea! That's the worst thing :frown:
Original post by ResultsDday
the most daunting thing is knowing that in the next week or so our grades will be finalised

really? \: :frown:

Really? :frown:

Me too!

I would have given you a positive rating, but i've run out today.
Reply 1195
the wait is definitely TOO long.. :unsure:

Really???
Original post by googlegel
Really???

I'm not sure if the grades be 'finalised' but they'll have been marked for sure. Then they check the marks and look for inconsistencies, some will get remarked, some will get sampled (maybe? :P). Then there's the logistics of getting all the marks together and making grade boundaries - so marking needs to be done relatively quickly! It's 5 weeks and 2 (almost 1!) days until results which is actually quite close.

Wot? :afraid: How do you know?
Original post by snawkie
I'm not sure if the grades be 'finalised' but they'll have been marked for sure. Then they check the marks and look for inconsistencies, some will get remarked, some will get sampled (maybe? :P). Then there's the logistics of getting all the marks together and making grade boundaries - so marking needs to be done relatively quickly! It's 5 weeks and 2 (almost 1!) days until results which is actually quite close.

Well, uh, I'm just going to start rocking back and forth in a corner now. For the next five weeks.

Latest