The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Killer Bean
Has anyone else got to the point where they're failing to do anything useful with their time whatsoever? I'm so bored and unmotivated that instead of going out and doing something, trying to get a job or read a book I've been playing games on Miniclip and even Cartoon bloody Network (I'm 18 for Pete's sake - oh, the shame) for 5 hours straight now. :sigh:

Oh yeah, I'm so bored! I've seen most of my friends and I haven't got much money to go out anyway...given up trying to get a job. Most days just consist of computer, Wii, sorting out my room, watching TV etc :rolleyes:
Original post by S_123
I'm so scared. I'm only AS Levels as well but everytime I think about it I want to cry.

Add to that the feeling of nausea, anxiety and crippling fear and you've got what pretty much what you'll probably be feeluing next year! :tongue:

On a much more positive note: HP tomorrow! Yaaay! (Even though I won't actually get to see it till Saturday/Sunday...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Killer Bean
Has anyone else got to the point where they're failing to do anything useful with their time whatsoever? I'm so bored and unmotivated that instead of going out and doing something, trying to get a job or read a book I've been playing games on Miniclip and even Cartoon bloody Network (I'm 18 for Pete's sake - oh, the shame) for 5 hours straight now. :sigh:

Yeah i've become so lazy since we finished! The days where i'm seeing my friends are great but some days i'm doing **** all which sucks, i'm a guy who needs a routine. I've given up trying to get a job so i'm forced to live off my savings, too scared to check my bank balance and see just how much i've pissed away. :frown:

The lack of employment means the rest of my summer will probably consist of..

Doing as little as possible during the day (eg. watching TV shows/movies in bed on my laptop)
Going out as often as i can with the limited funds i have
Spending too much time in the pub
Worrying about my A Level results
Trying to improve my fitness level (wouldn't hurt to tone up a bit)

At least i have a holiday and Creamfields festival to look forward too. Plus, the football season starts on 6th August. Will be good to have Saturday aka football day back. :smile:

Original post by diamonddust
You're old?? How do you think I feel haha! If I have to retake I'll turn 20 in the year I start uni!

That's exactly what happened to me :frown:

Original post by -aimz
Oh yeah, I'm so bored! I've seen most of my friends and I haven't got much money to go out anyway...given up trying to get a job. Most days just consist of computer, Wii, sorting out my room, watching TV etc :rolleyes:

Given up as well. I keep hearing my friends complain about how they dread going into work etc, i'd be more than happy to take their jobs!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mzwoteva16
Add to that the feeling of nausea, anxiety and crippling fear and you've got what pretty much what you'll probably be feeluing next year! :tongue:

On a much more positive note: HP tomorrow! Yaaay! (Even though I won't actually get to see it till Saturday/Sunday...)

And then triple it!
Original post by alexs2602
Not bad :tongue: I've read about 3000 pages during the holidays so far. 7 books though.

When my internet was down I packed a bag, took a compass and went for a 20 mile hiking trip into the forest.

Luck was on my side since I managed to grab a tent before I left.

I came back the next day because it turns out that you can't see a bloody thing in the forest at night.

This is what exam waiting makes with a person.
These holidays are so boring. I can't even move because of my operation, :frown:
Original post by Ultimate1
These holidays are so boring. I can't even move because of my operation, :frown:

operation? what happened :redface:
Original post by Waqar Y
operation? what happened :redface:

Well it happened 2 weeks ago, weren't very serious, but there were 4 boils just above my buttocks and had to get operated to get of them. Now the wound is left open and I have to use this stupid vac therapy to help the wound recover quicker, but it's so annoying; I can't move around much and the damned machine makes a lot of noise. :mad:
Pretty late but I'm feeling :sexface:
Original post by Ultimate1
Well it happened 2 weeks ago, weren't very serious, but there were 4 boils just above my buttocks and had to get operated to get of them. Now the wound is left open and I have to use this stupid vac therapy to help the wound recover quicker, but it's so annoying; I can't move around much and the damned machine makes a lot of noise. :mad:

Ouch, I feel for you bro.

:colone:
Original post by jhnj92
Pretty late but I'm feeling :sexface:

Are you? So what are you going to do about that? :sexface:
Reply 1391
Harry potter was amazing.
Original post by Samus2
Harry potter was amazing.

I'm so jealous! I was gonna do the midnight showing but then I realised I'd have to walk home by myself at 2am haha! I'm going tomorrow! Was the cinema packed?
Reply 1393
Original post by diamonddust
I'm so jealous! I was gonna do the midnight showing but then I realised I'd have to walk home by myself at 2am haha! I'm going tomorrow! Was the cinema packed?

i live in the middle of nowhere and luckily my friend went out of her way to drive me!

Yeah all 8 screens were showing it - all were full
34 days! :sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Going to London today so hopefully the time should fly by :biggrin:
Original post by soutioirsim
34 days! :sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

Going to London today so hopefully the time should fly by :biggrin:

Why you going London? Hope you have fun :biggrin: :sexface:
Original post by cpdavis
Why you going London? Hope you have fun :biggrin: :sexface:

It's basically a careers day for state school students. This law firm are hosting it and then companies are coming in to talk about what they do and do an interview skills session. Thought I'd give it a go :smile: Time to get the bus...
Reply 1397
Edexcel June 2011 papers and Marking scheme can be found in

http://www.scribd.com/Raaga92

Hope you all find it helpful :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by chellzey
Are you? So what are you going to do about that? :sexface:

It's already been done 5 hours ago, but I'd do it again tonight too. :sexface:
Gym session. Anyone else on it?

Latest