The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LGrosvenor101
I know! I read the reference and was so glad! It was really sweet what he wrote :L :') and thats really good!!!!! :biggrin:

Aha, I read mine and she asked me if it was okay. I couldn't exactly say no but I just asked if the fact that one of my teachers was off for a while last year could be added and I think she added it in the end. :tongue:

And I know. It's so sad but I seriously take being called intelligent/academic as a huge compliment. :biggrin: Intelligence doesn't mean you're a good person but I still love being known as an intelligent person, however pathetic that is. :colondollar:
Original post by PatrickD
Aha, I read mine and she asked me if it was okay. I couldn't exactly say no but I just asked if the fact that one of my teachers was off for a while last year could be added and I think she added it in the end. :tongue:

And I know. It's so sad but I seriously take being called intelligent/academic as a huge compliment. :biggrin: Intelligence doesn't mean you're a good person but I still love being known as an intelligent person, however pathetic that is. :colondollar:

Oh, yeah hopefully she added it :smile:

I take it to be a huge compliment as well! I am exactly the same :L I had learning difficulties when I was younger, so this is like a massive compliment :L
Oh, yeah hopefully she added it :smile:

I take it to be a huge compliment as well! I am exactly the same :L I had learning difficulties when I was younger, so this is like a massive compliment :L

Yeah, I'm not overly bothered whether she did or not but it might just help a little bit with my Cambridge application.

Oh wow, really? Impressive then that you've completely overcome that. I think I just like it because I'm a massive geek! :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm not overly bothered whether she did or not but it might just help a little bit with my Cambridge application.

Oh wow, really? Impressive then that you've completely overcome that. I think I just like it because I'm a massive geek! :biggrin:

lol yeah that makes sense! And yup, when I had the injection you get when you are like 2/3 years old (the MMR one i think) I had a side effect that I couldn't speak, and couldn't really speak properly until like half through junior school or something :s-smilie: so all my English language was delayed, fun times :L But yeah :smile: I'm quite a geeky person as well I believe :s-smilie: maybe not :L
lol yeah that makes sense! And yup, when I had the injection you get when you are like 2/3 years old (the MMR one i think) I had a side effect that I couldn't speak, and couldn't really speak properly until like half through junior school or something :s-smilie: so all my English language was delayed, fun times :L But yeah :smile: I'm quite a geeky person as well I believe :s-smilie: maybe not :L

:eek3: That's horrible! The MMR vaccine was thought to be a causal factor in a lot of cases of autism but the link was later disproven. I've never heard of anything like that before - it almost sounds like temporary autism/learning difficulties. At least you're over it now though.

And being geeky is cool! :thumbsup:
:eek3: That's horrible! The MMR vaccine was thought to be a causal factor in a lot of cases of autism but the link was later disproven. I've never heard of anything like that before - it almost sounds like temporary autism/learning difficulties. At least you're over it now though.

And being geeky is cool! :thumbsup:

Yeah thats what I remember hearing from somewhere, and yeah :s-smilie: It was luckily temporary! Although I miss having extra time in my exams like I did in my GCSEs :L that 25% was a lifesaver! and yeah :smile: I can't remember exactly if it was the MMR vaccine, but it was an injection you had when you were 2/3 :s-smilie:
Yeah thats what I remember hearing from somewhere, and yeah :s-smilie: It was luckily temporary! Although I miss having extra time in my exams like I did in my GCSEs :L that 25% was a lifesaver! and yeah :smile: I can't remember exactly if it was the MMR vaccine, but it was an injection you had when you were 2/3 :s-smilie:

At that age it would either be the Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis and Polio vaccination (all given in one jab) or the MMR vaccination (again in one jab). It's an unusual side effect for a standard immunisation jab to cause but medicines are strange things. Hopefully I learn stuff like this in my degree! :smile:

A friend of mine gets an extra 25% of the time because he's supposedly dyslexic. Even he admits it barely effects him (although he does occasionally struggle with spelling/organisation in chemistry, I've noticed) but if you're offered the time you're hardly going to turn it down! :biggrin:
At that age it would either be the Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis and Polio vaccination (all given in one jab) or the MMR vaccination (again in one jab). It's an unusual side effect for a standard immunisation jab to cause but medicines are strange things. Hopefully I learn stuff like this in my degree! :smile:

A friend of mine gets an extra 25% of the time because he's supposedly dyslexic. Even he admits it barely effects him (although he does occasionally struggle with spelling/organisation in chemistry, I've noticed) but if you're offered the time you're hardly going to turn it down! :biggrin:

Yeah :s-smilie: And cool, that does actually sound interesting :biggrin:
And yeah, all my friends asked me why I had extra time, as I didn't need it anyway at the time, plus my special needs statement stopped in year 10 :L But with my extra time, I got my 5A*s and 5A*s, which I find amazing! As my parents were told when I was young that I should be put in a special needs school and that I wouldn't apparently amount to much :s-smilie: Now I'm being accepted by all these Uni's :biggrin:
And yeah, all my friends asked me why I had extra time, as I didn't need it anyway at the time, plus my special needs statement stopped in year 10 :L But with my extra time, I got my 5A*s and 5A*s, which I find amazing! As my parents were told when I was young that I should be put in a special needs school and that I wouldn't apparently amount to much :s-smilie: Now I'm being accepted by all these Uni's :biggrin:

Woah, those are great grades. Seriously, that's an amazing turn-around.

It's terrible that doctors say things like that though. Fair enough if they thought you might need a special school but saying you wouldn't amount to much is just shocking. No one should be told that about their child! Anway, clearly you didn't need a special school and have proven them massivley wrong! :biggrin:
Woah, those are great grades. Seriously, that's an amazing turn-around.

It's terrible that doctors say things like that though. Fair enough if they thought you might need a special school but saying you wouldn't amount to much is just shocking. No one should be told that about their child! Anway, clearly you didn't need a special school and have proven them massivley wrong! :biggrin:

Thanks :biggrin: and yeah :s-smilie: thanks again :3 Now, to actually get these A Level grades so I can get into Uni! :L :')
Thanks :biggrin: and yeah :s-smilie: thanks again :3 Now, to actually get these A Level grades so I can get into Uni! :L :')

Haha, oh yeah! Just the small matter of a few exams and we're in! :wink:
Haha, oh yeah! Just the small matter of a few exams and we're in! :wink:

Oh yeahhh! :wink: xD
Reply 592

That is disgusting for doctors to say, great grades btw and good luck :smile:
Original post by Jcon1
That is disgusting for doctors to say, great grades btw and good luck :smile:

I think thats what they said, according to my parents :s-smilie: but yeah, they defintley said about the special needs school! and thanks :biggrin: xD Just want these 2 more offers :s-smilie: :L
Reply 594
Offer from Warwick! On the same day as my Bath interview! :P
Wow unis have been so busy today. Got a Warwick offer, have friends who got offers from 2 or 3 places today. Got interview/offer everywhere but Oxford so far, just waiting for them to get back to me.
Reply 596
offer from york came through, ABB including A in chemistry, so happy :smile: got bristol and sheffield interviews later this month. Haven't heard from oxford or durham except for acknowledgements
Original post by Joshc93
offer from york came through, ABB including A in chemistry, so happy :smile: got bristol and sheffield interviews later this month. Haven't heard from oxford or durham except for acknowledgements

Yes, another York chemist with an offer! :smile:

My offer is AAB including A in Chemistry (it would have been ABB but I decided to carry on all 4 of my subjects and one is not a science :rolleyes:)
Original post by Joshc93

York offering ABB then? hmm...

I do physics as well, do you reckon I'll get an ABB offer?
Yes, another York chemist with an offer! :smile:

My offer is AAB including A in Chemistry (it would have been ABB but I decided to carry on all 4 of my subjects and one is not a science :rolleyes:)

you're doing 3 sciences/maths plus one non science and they gave you AAB? thats stoopid

Latest

Trending

Trending