The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography personal statement mature student

Hi all,

Without giving too much information away.

I'm applying for diagnostic radiography at university. These are my qualifications

Bio, Chem, IT and Maths: CDEU (2005)
Bsc (Hons) Biology (2:1) (2012)

Since my degree I haven't really studied. But worked various jobs including being a hospital porter and medical laboratory assistant.

What is the probability I'll be accepted to salford uni? As they say for every 10 applications there is one place.

Also how do i Go about structuring my personal statement? I have no idea. I will mention that ive always had a passion for science since childhood.
In terms of writing a personal statement our health reps have a good post on this thread to get you started: A short guide to writing a Personal Statement... - The Student Room

The probability is as you said 10 in 1, however depending on your life experiences and background you could make those odds look a lot better you would be bringing a wider range of skills to the course. The interview stage (most have this as a step for Rad courses) will be your chance to really show off your passions. A good thread for some tips is here Top Tips for Interviews - The Student Room

Good luck with your application! 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by uni_student_10
Hi all,

Without giving too much information away.

I'm applying for diagnostic radiography at university. These are my qualifications

Bio, Chem, IT and Maths: CDEU (2005)
Bsc (Hons) Biology (2:1) (2012)

Since my degree I haven't really studied. But worked various jobs including being a hospital porter and medical laboratory assistant.

What is the probability I'll be accepted to salford uni? As they say for every 10 applications there is one place.

Also how do i Go about structuring my personal statement? I have no idea. I will mention that ive always had a passion for science since childhood.

Hey! I applied for diagnostic radiography 2024 and got accepted into Salford and Brighton. I did health and social care btec level 3 back in 2014 and haven’t studied since.

I do currently work as a radiology assistant which I feel did help me, but a lot of universities take life experiences, and the fact you have old qualifications and work experience will definitely help!

In regards to the personal statement, I followed this guide from the university of Hertfordshire which really helped me write my personal statement
https://www.herts.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/200638/Radiography.pdf

Hope this helps a little and good luck! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending