The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Had an interview at sheffield today and im being made an offer. A few challenging questions though despite it being billed as an "informal interview" make sure you go over your personal statement lots, I'm now so scared about the oxford one :O
I've got my informal interview at Leeds on Friday (and will receive my official offer soon after hopefully) which will be good preparation for Cambridge. Obviously the Cambridge interview will be a lot more challenging (and more biology-based for me) but it'll still be useful to get in a bit of experience at Leeds and find out what I could do with looking over. :smile:
Reply 782
Got an interview from Birmingham.
Original post by Joshc93
Had an interview at sheffield today and im being made an offer. A few challenging questions though despite it being billed as an "informal interview" make sure you go over your personal statement lots, I'm now so scared about the oxford one :O

Hey I must've seen you! What group was you in? I was in F lol. Btw, did you get AAB or ABB offer? :smile:
YAY! UCL want to interview me 7th Feb.
Reply 785
Original post by .snowflake.
YAY! UCL want to interview me 7th Feb.

Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by DoDoBeDo
Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you dude. Hope UEA get back to you soon!!
Reply 787
Had my UCL interview yesterday, not sure ...
I have an interview at Imperial! 18th January, conveniently the day before my birthday and a day after my first January exam.... :L Is anybody else going to that date? :P I am also very VERY nervous....... o_____0
Reply 789
Original post by .snowflake.
Thank you dude. Hope UEA get back to you soon!!

I got really excited this morning in my chemistry lesson because I had 2 emails on my Gmail account. Damn WHSmiths (Well, their affiliated FunkyPigeon.com :rolleyes: I never get emails from Smiths themselves any more) :lol:

But yes. It's my birthday in 4 days. Hoping they're holding out for that :wink: :tongue:
Reply 790
Original post by bekylouisex3
Hey I must've seen you! What group was you in? I was in F lol. Btw, did you get AAB or ABB offer? :smile:

aha must've! I was in group A, I didn't realise there was that many groups! AAB but that's the standard offer for the year in america course i think, unless he just hated me. What was your offer? :smile:
Original post by Joshc93
aha must've! I was in group A, I didn't realise there was that many groups! AAB but that's the standard offer for the year in america course i think, unless he just hated me. What was your offer? :smile:

Sorry to butt in but a high offer doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you. Most unis will give higher offers to candidates who they think are capable of achieving them. :wink:

[RANT]Unless it's York who base their offers on the number of science subjects an applicant does and penalise people who take four A Levels! :rolleyes:[/RANT]
Reply 792
Original post by PatrickD
Sorry to butt in but a high offer doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you. Most unis will give higher offers to candidates who they think are capable of achieving them. :wink:

[RANT]Unless it's York who base their offers on the number of science subjects an applicant does and penalise people who take four A Levels! :rolleyes:[/RANT]

aha ok, not that you're bitter about it or anything though? :wink:
To those who got offers at liverpool/nottingham/birmingham, what were they and what subjects do you do at the moment?

The ABB/BBB boundary puts me off, as I'd like 3 ABB offers and 1 BBB and one maybe BBC or something, but birmingham and other uni's are doing ABB-BBB entry grades which is kinda annoying
Original post by PatrickD

Er yeah it kind of does mean they don't like you. If you truly impressed them in the interview they'll lower the grade just to get you into the uni. Clearly, if you didn't impress them in the interview, you have to prove yourself further by securing higher grades. This is aside from the York shenanigans.
Reply 795
Original post by robk93
Had my UCL interview yesterday, not sure ...

I had an interview there yesterday! Mine was alright though, mainly as she didn't ask me really many Chemistry questions. I was mainly just asked what I was learning about at the moment, what I like about UCL, also to just explain a couple of things ie. what transition elements are, so it really wasn't too bad! What was yours like?
Reply 796
Original post by callmenighthawk
To those who got offers at liverpool/nottingham/birmingham, what were they and what subjects do you do at the moment?

The ABB/BBB boundary puts me off, as I'd like 3 ABB offers and 1 BBB and one maybe BBC or something, but birmingham and other uni's are doing ABB-BBB entry grades which is kinda annoying

I got an offer for ABB including Chemistry from Liverpool, seems pretty standard. I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and Maths. :smile:
Original post by callmenighthawk

Hey, I got an offer from Birmingham.
My offer is BBB in Chemistry, Biology and Maths. or ABB in Chemistry, Geography and either Biology/Maths. :smile:

At the moment, I obviously do Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography. But I also do AS Further Maths :smile:

Hope that helps :biggrin:
think i'm applying sussex/liverpool at the moment, one more ABB uni then BBB/BBC me needing. trouble is I think there are better uni's out there for ABB than birmingham, but I don't know what ones lol (didn't mean to offend anyone applying to birmingham)
Original post by Joshc93

Ahaaa cool :biggrin: Ohhh yeah I'm applying for that one too..got AAB offer aswell :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending