The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

I did it. Didn't realise you could stop and heal before each battle until this time around.
Original post by jelly1000
I did it. Didn't realise you could stop and heal before each battle until this time around.

Congratulations! Whoa you did really well then to defeat the first four members of the Pokemon League without healing your Pokemon up before each battle!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Congratulations! Whoa you did really well then to defeat the first four members of the Pokemon League without healing your Pokemon up before each battle!

I healed mid battle in the third and fourth battles but when it came to the Stephen he would basically take all the health away I'd just restored.
I healed mid battle in the third and fourth battles but when it came to the Stephen he would basically take all the health away I'd just restored.

Yeah, Steven can be quite difficult to defeat. It feels good to beat him :biggrin:
I always found the Hoenn Elite Four to be quite easy, though not as easy as Johto.
Pokémon :woo:
Original post by marcusmerehay
I always found the Hoenn Elite Four to be quite easy, though not as easy as Johto.

Yeah once I realised I could heal between battles they weren't difficult to beat.

And I really owe you one for that guide, it helped no end.
Got another question guys- trying to do the puzzles in the Trick Room. I've looked at a walkthrough vid so I know I'm in the right place but the things in the vid aren't happening- like I don't get a 'your being watched message' nor does the guy appear when i stand next to the table (in the exact spot as on the walkthrough) What have I not done?
Got another question guys- trying to do the puzzles in the Trick Room. I've looked at a walkthrough vid so I know I'm in the right place but the things in the vid aren't happening- like I don't get a 'your being watched message' nor does the guy appear when i stand next to the table (in the exact spot as on the walkthrough) What have I not done?

I think it depends on badges you got. Unless you have already done all the puzzles. You may have not completed the last puzzle so a new one won't come yet. Can't think of anything else atm.
Original post by Guru Jason
I think it depends on badges you got. Unless you have already done all the puzzles. You may have not completed the last puzzle so a new one won't come yet. Can't think of anything else atm.

I've got all the gym badges and I don't remember having done any of the puzzles yet

I'll give my own personal run down of the elite fours and champion in each region on regular run through as nuzlockes are a different ball game all together:

Kanto Elite four: Tough, but never had massive problem, I remember lance being quite tough.
Champion: Meh, fairly straight forward although Arcanine gave me problems for whatever reason.

Johto Elite four: :lol: (except Umbreon from Karen...I love Umbreon, I really do but THIS Umbreon just HIGKJBVGFCT)
Johto Champion: Not overly difficult, but 3 Dragonites meant it was a long battle.

Hoenn Elite four: Drake man...outside of the Kimono girls in HG/SS and Sabrina, Drake has been the third
Hoenn champion: Metagross was a pain but other than that :lol:

Sinnoh elite four: Pretty easy although some challenges here and there.
Sinnoh champion: PHJGBHVDGHDJKBVD

(B/W) elite four: :lol:
(B/W) champion: N: Pretty tough but managable, Ghetsis: Screw you Hydreigon (never lost to it, but came close to every time I did a run through oft he game). Alder: Fairly simple.

B2/W2 elite four: :lol:
B2/W2 champion: People say she was easy, but for me although she wasn't tough, her haxorus provided me with a scare as did her Hydreigon so I'm kinda meh on this.

Kalos elite four: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kalos champion: :lol: :lol:
Finally got another legendary after many balls thrown and and Cobalion somehow evading me whilst paralyzed.
Ooooo I thought of the best/worst naming theme for a nuzlocke!!! Your friends names :wink: :colone:

EDIT: Even worse is a wedlocke with your friends names :lol:
Anyone want an ORAS or xy battle. havent had a 6 v 6 in a while
I'm taking on the challenge of playing Pokémon Shuffle (3DS) without spending money on add-on features. A different kind of "Nuzlocke" I'd say
Just took out a talonflame and a mega loppuny using a level 1 magnamite. that was definitely my funniest battle
Original post by IDukem
Ooooo I thought of the best/worst naming theme for a nuzlocke!!! Your friends names :wink: :colone:

EDIT: Even worse is a wedlocke with your friends names :lol:

guys got a question relating to finding pokemon- I'm only up to 227 on the pokedex which I understand is only a fraction of the way through, yet I've been to all the areas and now I'm mostly just encountering the same pokemon again and again, relatively few new ones. I appreciate some are hidden or you get through different ways to just catching them but 400?
guys got a question relating to finding pokemon- I'm only up to 227 on the pokedex which I understand is only a fraction of the way through, yet I've been to all the areas and now I'm mostly just encountering the same pokemon again and again, relatively few new ones. I appreciate some are hidden or you get through different ways to just catching them but 400?

You'll have to have a copy of Pokemon X or Y if you want to catch every single Pokemon available as you cannot catch all 719 (I think? Around that number anyway) Pokemon in one game. Then you would have to buy Pokemon Bank (which is less than £5 a year) or, if you have another 3DS/2DS, trade between the games.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
You'll have to have a copy of Pokemon X or Y if you want to catch every single Pokemon available as you cannot catch all 719 (I think? Around that number anyway) Pokemon in one game. Then you would have to buy Pokemon Bank (which is less than £5 a year) or, if you have another 3DS/2DS, trade between the games.

Oh so your saying half the pokemon which you need to complete the pokedex can't be found in ORAS and you can't store them all anyway? How many can you store?
Oh so your saying half the pokemon which you need to complete the pokedex can't be found in ORAS and you can't store them all anyway? How many can you store?

Yep, and there are also some legendaries that you can only obtain through events that either occur in GAME stores or over Wi-Fi. No, you can store them all on one game but you need Pokemon Bank or a second 3DS to transfer Pokemon over from XY to ORAS.

Quick Reply

Latest