The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JWH
On tsr :smile:

From what I can gather the competitively minded players here will adhere to Smogon standards (:
Reply 781
Thanks that's cool though it leaves me the awkward decision on who to put in the last slot for my water doubles team
Original post by JWH
Thanks that's cool though it leaves me the awkward decision on who to put in the last slot for my water doubles team

Doubles is arguably a better environment to either go Rain Stall than rain offence in my experience, priority and Trick Room are both extremely common making swift swimmers less reliable. Kingdra is still a beast in the rain even without SS, STAB Waterfall+Dragon Dance is godly. Gyarados coupled with a Lightning Rod poke like Manectric can also be extremely effective, intimidate screws over physical attackers and Manectric draws in electric attacks, leaving the rare HP Rock to worry about on the special side of the attacking spectrum. That's what I'd do anyway, that is if I didn't have a burning hatred for weather teams =P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 783
So far my team is more rain stall than offensive any way as there's a lot of rain based abilities other than SS which are helpful. Sadly as I'm running a water only team I can't really use a electric pokemon unless it's part water (I love water pokemon :P ) so my last slot if more a toss up between some water pokemon who can use electric moves. The last slot is needed to be more offensive which is why I turned down Empoleon as he is more defensive and has a massive weakness to electric attacks which doesn't help in the rain.

Basically it's a choice between Starmie and Lanturn. Starmie is generally better but Laturn works better with my general tactics for double battles. The rest of my team is pretty good though
Original post by JWH
So far my team is more rain stall than offensive any way as there's a lot of rain based abilities other than SS which are helpful. Sadly as I'm running a water only team I can't really use a electric pokemon unless it's part water (I love water pokemon :P ) so my last slot if more a toss up between some water pokemon who can use electric moves. The last slot is needed to be more offensive which is why I turned down Empoleon as he is more defensive and has a massive weakness to electric attacks which doesn't help in the rain.

Basically it's a choice between Starmie and Lanturn. Starmie is generally better but Laturn works better with my general tactics for double battles. The rest of my team is pretty good though

Is there a particular reason you're only using water types? What's your current lineup?
Reply 785
I just like water pokemon :tongue: that's the reason I always like making just water teams. My current Line up is Ludicolo, Politoed, Swanna, Swampert and Jellicent. Not what you call your normal choices as I went with more what works for how I like to do doubles rather than the smogon stuff. I rather do it my own way and have fun :proud:
Original post by JWH
I just like water pokemon :tongue: that's the reason I always like making just water teams. My current Line up is Ludicolo, Politoed, Swanna, Swampert and Jellicent. Not what you call your normal choices as I went with more what works for how I like to do doubles rather than the smogon stuff. I rather do it my own way and have fun :proud:

On the contrary, most of that is pretty standard stuff. Swanna though... oh god D= haha. I'd personally go for either Lanturn w. Volt Absorb or Rotom-W (The Rotom formes all become [x]/electric type now, [x] being the type of their special move), primarily for their ability to abuse STAB 100% Acc Thunder. Lanturn would probably be the better choice of the two thanks to the electric immunity.
Reply 787
Swanna is there for 2 reasons one as in rain Hurricane gets 100% accuracy which is handy with my teams very large dislike for grass and 2 because of it being part flying it means I have at least one pokemon who isn't raped when my swampert uses earthquake which I tend to use a lot as well I love the move :tongue:

I was thinking more Lanturn as he also has volt switch which could come in handy
Reply 788
Hey, does anyone here have a Ghastly egg, Shinx egg, Sneasel or random egg they're willing to give away to PKM white?

I started again after there was nothing left to do and I want to have a decent team to play through with this time round =]
Reply 789
just got back into Heart Gold and trying to catch the legendary roaming dogs! My team is Typhlosion (80), Ho-oh (49), Marowak (45), Hypno (16), Gyarados (36), Fearow (18). Currently got Entei asleep and low on hp but struggling to catch him and also Raikou is low on hp, any tips without throwing a aster ball!
Reply 790
Original post by Keelo
just got back into Heart Gold and trying to catch the legendary roaming dogs! My team is Typhlosion (80), Ho-oh (49), Marowak (45), Hypno (16), Gyarados (36), Fearow (18). Currently got Entei asleep and low on hp but struggling to catch him and also Raikou is low on hp, any tips without throwing a aster ball!

Marowak is my most favouritest poke ever!!!!

Just sayin'.
Hey

Does anyone know how to install Pokemon Online on Mac?
I changed my pc almost an year ago, and can't install pokemon online now. :frown:(
Original post by irina_geor
Hey

Does anyone know how to install Pokemon Online on Mac?
I changed my pc almost an year ago, and can't install pokemon online now. :frown:(

Click me [=

Open the folder, then drag the app file to your Applications folder.
Thanks, i couldn't find the mac version- i got it now
Original post by irina_geor
Thanks, i couldn't find the mac version- i got it now

No worries, let me know if you ever want a game (:
Just curious, but has anyone played any pokeon ASB before?
(if no-one has a clue what I'm talking about)
Reply 796
Original post by Silverland

I'd never even heard of it to be honest, it looks pretty awesome, although way too time consuming for me personally :laugh: but thanks for sharing
Reply 797
First Deaths on my Nuzlocke :sad: Jasper (my growlithe) got hit by a self-destruct from a koffing, then shortly after Jack (my machop) managed to take down most of the ice-gym single handedly, despite very little training, before a critical hit from pryce's Dewgong sent him down for good

Current team keeps changing but at the moment have:

Polaris (Staryu)
Dusk (Gastly)
Lucidna (Hypno)
Kino (Shroomish)
Hydra (Gyarados)
Roxie (Graveller)

Hydra's effectively ended up as a water hm slave, not particularly sure I like her, but she's powerful and adds some survivability to my team, which is really needed in this sort of game :erm: can't wait for Kino to learn Spore so she can evolve, only 10 levels to go :awesome:

Original post by aliluvschoc
Hey, does anyone here have a Ghastly egg, Shinx egg, Sneasel or random egg they're willing to give away to PKM white?

I started again after there was nothing left to do and I want to have a decent team to play through with this time round =]

Wish I'd checked this yesterday, I've got some gastly eggs and a tonne of other random lucky-dip eggs but no internet unless I can fix my friend's DSi...which randomly stopped connecting to the internet yesterday :nooo:
Original post by Silverland

The pokemon forum I used to moderate on was very big on ASB, never saw the appeal myself :holmes:
Reply 799
I disliked dragonites design enough but then I saw this sprite :wtf:

Im about to take on the elite 4 in SS, the actual 4 im not too worried about, but Lance :erm:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest