The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2011-2012 :: Resources and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Does anyone have the Advanced Chemistry Past Papers from 2002-2005?? Cant find them anywhere and would be very useful if i could get them from someone.

Thanks
Reply 81
anyone got their prelim soon?
Reply 82
Sitting the Unit 2 Nab tomorrow. Gotta be honest, I'm not feeling to positive about it. And I have my prelim in under 2 weeks. Yay.....
Reply 83
Original post by judzi
Sitting the Unit 2 Nab tomorrow. Gotta be honest, I'm not feeling to positive about it. And I have my prelim in under 2 weeks. Yay.....

Dont worry you will be fine, i have my prelim on tuesday :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by Babb_zz
Dont worry you will be fine, i have my prelim on tuesday :frown:

Passed the NAB, just.... Got 1 mark over the pass, but a pass is a pass eh? :tongue: If anything, it showed me a lot of revision is required for my prelim

Good luck for Tuesday :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by judzi
Passed the NAB, just.... Got 1 mark over the pass, but a pass is a pass eh? :tongue: If anything, it showed me a lot of revision is required for my prelim

Good luck for Tuesday :biggrin:

Welldone ! thankyou same with you on your prelim! :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Babb_zz
anyone got their prelim soon?

i have mine pretty soon and my unit 2 nab next tuesday i'm not looking forward to but well done on passing your nab :smile: i hope i get my pass in it
Reply 87
Can anyone help with this question its Q6 in the mutli choice from 2006(i dont know how to do these questions thanks in advance)
0.02 moles of the salt Pt(NH3)XClY required 40.0 cm3 of 2.0 mol l-1 nitric acid for exact neutralisation. The number of moles of NH3 per mole of salt is?
Reply 88
Original post by derangedyoshi
Have a look at this - http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/Images/7134chem2_tcm4-123933.pdf - it should give you a nice look at the wine one and some others.

thanks thishas become quite handy my project is on the ethanol and SO2 content in red and white wine thanks a bunch:biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by derangedyoshi
I'm doing analysis of red and white wines, for ethanol content, acidity, and (if I have time) sulphur dioxide content. Pretty standard, which suits me since chemistry is definitely my third subject this year. I don't want it to suck up too much time that I could be using for maths work :L

Going up in a free period tomorrow afternoon to get started by making up some ethanol solutions of known concentration so I can plot a density curve and eventually use that to find the concentration of ethanol in the wine. :biggrin:

I'm doing this project this but i'm a bit stuck since i have done 2 titrations already for the SO2 content and i'm looking for other ways to calculate the ethanol content in wine (i've tried colorimetry but its not looking too good at the moment any other ideas?)
Reply 90
hey people, dont suppose anybody can post up a link to the 2005 advanced chemistry paper and the answers? cheeeeers
Reply 91
Hi, I'm doing my investigation on soft drinks and one part of it is looking at glucose(really all present reducing sugars) concentration. I'm doing this by using benedict's solution then measuring the weight of Copper(II) oxide precipitate formed. Does anyone know if the results I get from this should be nearly the same as the quoted sugar content on the bottle or not? I might just cut it out of my investigation but seems a waste after spending time figuring out how to do it.
Reply 92
hi, i was just wondering how are you guys getting on with chemistry, cos i'm such a shambles at it this year. Nothing seems to stick in my head, especially stuff from unit 3, which i hate!! And the investigation is stressing me out!!! :eek: I kinda feel like giving up on the subject altogether an just focusing on maths and physics, anyone else feel the same?!:frown:
Really annoyed how they have structred it- we should have done a more linear style approach. Forgot most of my stuff from C2 already
anyone got the 2001 - 2005 past papers and answers? thanks :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by DGMnine
Hi, I'm doing my investigation on soft drinks and one part of it is looking at glucose(really all present reducing sugars) concentration. I'm doing this by using benedict's solution then measuring the weight of Copper(II) oxide precipitate formed. Does anyone know if the results I get from this should be nearly the same as the quoted sugar content on the bottle or not? I might just cut it out of my investigation but seems a waste after spending time figuring out how to do it.

Hey, I'm doing the same experiment and I got measurements which were about 10g off the quoted sugar content and I assumed that the difference was due to the non-reducing sugar content. I realise you asked this question a while ago, but I hope it will still help. Also, minor nitpick, it's copper (I) oxide which is formed, not copper (II) oxide :smile:
Reply 96
Has anyone done their unit 2 NAB, it's just I failed my other 2 NAbBs and I really need to know what kind of questions are gonna come up or my parent's will kill me.
Cheers
Reply 97
Does anyone have any advice for study tips this close to the exam?

I've been studying all year but nothing has stuck in my head - the only thing I truly know is dz²! :frown:
Original post by MeganWork
Does anyone have any advice for study tips this close to the exam?

I've been studying all year but nothing has stuck in my head - the only thing I truly know is dz²! :frown:

Just do pp's!! haha you mean the atomic orbital shape?
Reply 99
SCREWED does not even cover this, but are we all ready?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending