The Student Room Group
Cgp.
Reply 2
IMo from personal experience don't bother with revision guides if you want a top grade-they don't give enough detail, however if either you want and average grade or you want a summary to look over, I'd advise against letts. revision express are alright too (not 100% sure whether they do gcse though actually!)If you've got good notes already just use them or use a proper textbook and use your syllabus to check what you need/don't need! hope this helps
Reply 3
cgp
Reply 4
For GCSE the best way is print of specification on internet, and find out exactly what you need to know and learn it from your textbook. At GCSE the specifications are so detailed you can almost learn it form the specification
Reply 5
ElWilson
Hi there,

For GCSE, what does everyone feel is the best Revision Guide?

Thanks

If you have good notes from class - use them.
If not, try and get a revision guide that is specific to your GCSE Board/Specification - CGP don't seem to be that great on these tbh (from my experiences anyway, too generic).
For my Separate Science GCSEs, I used the Letts Revision Guides, they have a guide in the front, which tells you what to learn for your board.
I used CGP, got a*a*- so they worked for me
smurfride
IMo from personal experience don't bother with revision guides if you want a top grade-they don't give enough detail, however if either you want and average grade or you want a summary to look over, I'd advise against letts. revision express are alright too (not 100% sure whether they do gcse though actually!)If you've got good notes already just use them or use a proper textbook and use your syllabus to check what you need/don't need! hope this helps

revision guides can get you A*'s but depending on which exam boards you are doing. If you are doing aqa for gcse science then you can use the lonsdale revision guides which "cover all you need to know and nothing more" and i assure you there are fully explained. Yes CGP is also good (if you can stand those stupid little jokes at the bottom of every page...which personally drove me crazy)
Reply 8
Cgp Defo
Reply 9
Letts or the specification.
Reply 10
someone very wisely said to me...if you can get the top grade by using just a revision guide-the subject is s***, personally i agree.
Reply 11
smurfride
someone very wisely said to me...if you can get the top grade by using just a revision guide-the subject is s***, personally i agree.

Well come on, they're GCSEs, they're all **** anyway

Latest