The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The Official University of Birmingham Freshers 2011 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K15HAN
ive got an offer for hunter court as well. when do we find out which flat we are staying in ???

do u no how long it takes to get to city centre or to the uni itself? btw what course are you doing. im doing biological sciences

mischka_tay

I got an e-mail saying they'd pass my details to liberty living, Hunter Court
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
mischka_tay

Hunter Court
Original post by Tillie
does anyone know the date that freshers week begins and the date we have to be in our accomodation?

Original post by Slovakov
Oh, got the same question as Tilie: can I arrive at my accomodation, say on 19th? And what would I lose by arriving so late?

BTW, I'm in Hunter Court 13, taking Mech. Engineering :wink:

Move in weekend is the 17th/18th of September (there is no benefit to arriving one day or the other it's just to reduce congestion around campus - although you may miss personalised events for your halls of residence is you arrive late). We will find out when exactly for each of us specifically when UoB have completely finished handing out accommodation.

Freshers week is 19th- 25th, then from 26th- 30th there are a couple of introductory lectures but effectively no work, so it is viewed as a second Freshers Week, before we all start on the 1st of October.

Hope that helped :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
so if i'm on hunter court, will i still be entitled to the free internal calls around campus :s
Reply 384
Original post by Summersun1

mee :smile:

me too :smile:
Original post by Slovakov
Oh, got the same question as Tilie: can I arrive at my accomodation, say on 19th? And what would I lose by arriving so late?

BTW, I'm in Hunter Court 13, taking Mech. Engineering :wink:

hey, please view this blog: http://www.huntercourtbham.org/
and join the hunter court freshers page for 2011 freshers where you can meet people before you arrive, and have any questions answered by the committee :smile: http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=picture#!/groups/huntercourt2011.2012/

x x x
Reply 386
what's the freshers packages about ?? and how do you get them and find out about them? :confused:
you guys i was offered tennis courts, meal plan shared bathroom. I really don't want to share bathroom though. Instead of hunter court
Reply 388
Original post by CreativeBetch

you guys i was offered tennis courts, meal plan shared bathroom. I really don't want to share bathroom though. Instead of hunter court

how did you get offered that? they said there was nothing left to a lot of people?
Reply 389
so if i'm on hunter court, will i still be entitled to the free internal calls around campus :s

no, you won't be on campus... oh and how did they offer you a place on campus??? I just called and they said all the places were full
Original post by Lid8
what's the freshers packages about ?? and how do you get them and find out about them? :confused:

http://www.freshersfest.com/packages.php tells you all about them choose the one you want and then just pay online :smile:
Original post by Lid8
me too :smile:

cool :smile: have you found out your flat number stuff yet?
Reply 392

cool :smile: have you found out your flat number stuff yet?

no i haven't yet. i transferred from Hunter Court today so i'll probably get it later on or tomorrow.
even though it's privately owned, are we still involved in all the stuff that gets planned? or are we abandoned lol. :frown:
it actually looks really nice and if you dont fancy the walk theres a bus for like 50p and its nearer to town!

Hi summersun, the beeches, flat 34 room B, you?
Original post by Lid8
no i haven't yet. i transferred from Hunter Court today so i'll probably get it later on or tomorrow.
even though it's privately owned, are we still involved in all the stuff that gets planned? or are we abandoned lol. :frown:

ahh fair enough but yeahh we get involved in everything dont worry! :smile: do you have facebook? because theres a group for beeches freshers its really useful it has some second years tell you about it and can answer all yours questions, made me feel better about being in private owned accomdation! :smile:
Original post by InvisibleGInger
Hi summersun, the beeches, flat 34 room B, you?

coool :smile: im not sure it i havent heard, how did you find out? did you ring up or wait for them to tell you?
Reply 396
Original post by Lid8

I rang them up abit ago and they said that we'll still be involved in all the uni stuff and freshers
Reply 397

ahh fair enough but yeahh we get involved in everything dont worry! :smile: do you have facebook? because theres a group for beeches freshers its really useful it has some second years tell you about it and can answer all yours questions, made me feel better about being in private owned accomdation! :smile:

ah yeh i think i just found it thankss. are you getting the packages for freshers?
Reply 398
hey I got the beeches too- wheres the facebook group? cheers
Reply 399
helllooooo

name: caitlin
course: law
accom: tennis courts block 20 flat 127
moving from: bristol

anyone nearby? want to get freshers tickets but its scary not knowing anyone!
also, havent come accross anyone else doing law yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending