The Student Room Group

The "What's that song" thread - Mk II

Scroll to see replies

If anyone gets this I'll start promoting a religion in your honour.

There are no lyrics, and to make matters worse it's being used as the background music for some absurd pyramid scheme venture.

It's at least 4-5 years old, probably used in The OC in its day.
(edited 11 years ago)
This is is fairly popular though not a recent hit. It's sung by a male soloist. The music video is about a guy reading a comic with a lady in it, and suddenly finds himself in the paperwork world with the lady before he wakes up at his desk. The song title (most probably) has three monosyllabic words including the word "me". Hope somebody can find it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sempiternitas
This is is fairly popular though not a recent hit. It's sung by a male soloist. The music video is about a guy reading a comic with a lady in it, and suddenly finds himself in the paperwork world with the lady before he wakes up at his desk. The song title (most probably) has three monosyllabic words including the word "me". Hope somebody can find it!

"Take on me" by A-Ha.

Maybe?
Original post by seanseansean
"Take on me" by A-Ha.

Maybe?

YES! Yes, that's it. Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 785
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsZNAQpbzw

Name of the 2nd song in this video please?

2nd one starts at 5:21.

Thanks alot.

1st one is here
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 786
Original post by mali167
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsZNAQpbzw

Name of the 2nd song in this video please?

2nd one starts at 5:21.

Thanks alot.

1st one is here

Video's blocked. Can you find another clip of it?
Reply 787
Original post by aeterno
Video's blocked. Can you find another clip of it?

Ah...........it was working yesterday. Its alright. Thanks anyways:smile:
TSR, I'm coming to you desperately in need of help!

I heard a song at work, the lyrics have escaped me at the moment though! I'll edit them in if I remember any!
Pretty much, it's about a man meeting a girl in a club and they leave together, though he doesn't know her name or have her number and wonder's one day if he will get it...

It's sort of maybe light rock/indie sounding, a fast beat and quite acoustic, almost like a mexican or spanish salsa sort of theme. Definitely by a band (not a solo artist, at least, I don't think so). Definitely British, similar sounding to Maximo Park/Mumford & Sons, they're the only sounds I can really compare it to. The song was upbeat aswell, nothing slow, though the lyrics sounded sad and melancholy.

Literally, I can take a guess at what it sort of sounded like... "her smile is waning"... "I don't even have her number" "We left the club"... Last line of the chorus: "and will I ever know her name...maybe..." Bear in mind, that's probably all incorrect, but I definitely know the chorus ends in the word 'maybe.'

Anyway, any help will be appreciated! Not much to go on, I know! :')
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone recognise the song used in the BBC Africa programme, at 56.26? The instrumental is used in the programme but been meaning to find the song name as I liked the chorus.
Original post by Aky786UK
Anyone recognise the song used in the BBC Africa programme, at 56.26? The instrumental is used in the programme but been meaning to find the song name as I liked the chorus.

M83 - Outro

Elbow - Grounds for Divorce

Reply 793
Thanks. :smile:
Reply 794
The intro song to the new series of Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents. Have a feeling it's Sweedish House Mafia or something similar but not sure. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pvygx/Sun_Sex_and_Suspicious_Parents_Series_3_Magaluf/
Reply 795
Anyone know the music played on this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2Z4bYTPtw
Desperately trying to find a song I only know one tune from...

So my friend and I were talking about Barry White (as you do) and he hummed this romantic tune that I always here in movies (the right kind :tongue:).

Basically, it goes like this: du du du du duuuuuuuu, du du du du du... Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh.

Now I realise that is absolutely nothing to go on... but the song is pretty sultry, slow and almost erotic.

It reminds me of the melody in 'Smoke Weed Every Day'.

So yeah... now I'm thinking it's not by Barry White...

Btw. I am normal!
Original post by aasvogel
Desperately trying to find a song I only know one tune from...

So my friend and I were talking about Barry White (as you do) and he hummed this romantic tune that I always here in movies (the right kind :tongue:).

Basically, it goes like this: du du du du duuuuuuuu, du du du du du... Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh.

Now I realise that is absolutely nothing to go on... but the song is pretty sultry, slow and almost erotic.

It reminds me of the melody in 'Smoke Weed Every Day'.

So yeah... now I'm thinking it's not by Barry White...

Btw. I am normal!

Might be Barry White - 'I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby'

Used in loads of films and TV when there's a 'sexy' scene.
Original post by seanseansean
Might be Barry White - 'I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby'

Used in loads of films and TV when there's a 'sexy' scene.

This is it! Thank-you, you are a hero. :biggrin:
Reply 799
Hi,

I'm posting here out of frustration. I have heard a song the past few days which I found catchy but I cannot find the name of it anywhere and I thought somebody here may know what it is.

It is a indie rock song, which reminded me of The Stone Roses slightly. One place I heard it was McDonalds and I guessed if it was being played in there it must be relatively new. I worked my way through the top 100 UK chart but it was not any of those songs. I can only guess that the song has not been released yet. I also remember part of it was a voice which repeated a rhythm (a tapping sort of beat).

I know it isn't much to go by but if by some miracle somebody knows what it is I would be so happy because it is driving me insane. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest