The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HEYY!!

That was the hardest M1 paper ever!!!!!! Our whole group found it really really hard, especially me! I did the whole of the 4th question wrong!
I'm really kicking myself cos I know how to do it now!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I lost at least 9 marks!

I want to cryand drown in my misery...
Reply 2
What did everybody get for question 4??... that was such a tough question!... and it carried 9 marks!!...
Reply 3
what was the question?
Reply 4
i cnt even remmerb the 4th question!!! hope m1 doesnt screw my grade!!
Reply 5
I got it wrong.

But my colleagues got 144 for part of it...arghhhhhh,that was such a hard paper.....
Reply 6
I guess you could retake in June. It would be easier if this one is so hard....
Reply 7
If it was a hard one, the grade boundaries may well be lower, so not much to worry about :smile: ...
Reply 8
Maybe this is them making up for how easy June 2005 was? I was sitting in that exam trying to figure out if i was doing it wrong because it was so simple. Turns out i wasn't and it was just really easy.
Reply 9
I ran into June 2005 without any revision at all and still managed an A. So I guess this is making it up as TheCI said....
the fourth question was about the resultant force and P, find Q...i had no ideaaaa how to do it :frown: That paper has got to be THE worst exam paper i have ever taken in my entire life...its the first one i actually think i have failed...not even got an E :frown: Greattt..really gonna meet my uni offers at this rate
Reply 11
i just did it and it was really hard. one person left out 35 marks. i think that i will do it again in June.

And yes, question 4 was very hard...as well as the last question.
Yes, I agree its probably making up for June 2005

I got 94% in 05- it was extremely easy!
Reply 13
i ****ed up completely!
Reply 14
I just sat the paper now. It was soooooo hard and I got question 4 wrong too (what was the magnitude of Q?). The last paper which I practised on (june 05) was the easiest m1 i have ever seen. Did anyone get ~0.4 for the coefficient of friction somewhere?

Conclusion: It was the hardest m1 paper I have ever seen!!
Reply 15
jus great! jus wen i thought c1 c2 went well this paper had to be hard!! n im not lookin forward to c4!!
Reply 16
i will have to do it again in June
Reply 17
will the grade boundaries be lower?? i dnt think so .. i think the standard grade for A is 80%!
Reply 18
d.o.n.a
will the grade boundaries be lower?? i dnt think so .. i think the standard grade for A is 80%!

Most likely, if the paper was hard, the grade boundaries will be lower. In June 2005, you required 63/75 for an A in M1. This year it could be below 60/75 if it really was as difficult as people are making out.
Reply 19
Simba
Most likely, if the paper was hard, the grade boundaries will be lower. In June 2005, you required 63/75 for an A in M1. This year it could be below 60/75 if it really was as difficult as people are making out.

Do you know what mark was needed for a UMS of 100? I got 99 which was quite annoying. How do you find grade boundaries for OCR?

Latest