The Student Room Group

Health and social care unit 17

Hello I’m trying to do my course work for unit 17 and I am currently struggling with M1: compare the use of treatments for different mental health condition. I’m not sure what to put in my table for them the one I have chosen is ‘in patient treatment’ and ‘occupation therapy’. I’m not sure what type of structure to do for it or questions for it. It says I need differences and similarities.
Reply 1
Hello Ririls, I completed the M1 assignments earlier on. How can I help you?
Reply 2
Original post by sammykerre
Hello Ririls, I completed the M1 assignments earlier on. How can I help you?

I need to put questions on a table but I’m not sure what questions to put. Thank you very much
Reply 3
Check out this outline, hope it helps you in generating more prompts for this question;

Medication: Add a column to compare how often each mental health issue is treated with medication. Describe the types of drugs that are typically administered, how they work, any potential adverse effects, and how well they treat the particular ailment.

Create a column to explain the various psychotherapy modalities used to treat each type of mental illness. This can include psychodynamic therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and other evidence-based treatments. Describe the primary tactics and methods employed in each strategy and how well they work to manage symptoms.

Consider adding a column to discuss the accessibility and effectiveness of support groups for each mental health issue. Examine the existence of specialized support groups for the disease and the advantages they offer in terms of offering peer support, exchanging experiences, and fostering recovery.

Self-Help Techniques: Describe the many self-help techniques that people can use to manage their mental health condition in a column. This can include activities that are recognized to improve mental health, such as mindfulness exercises, relaxation methods, writing, exercise, and others.

Include a column to highlight alternate treatments that are occasionally employed for particular mental health issues, if applicable. Examples can include yoga, acupuncture, herbal supplements, or other supplementary therapies. Emphasize any data or proof that demonstrates their efficacy.

Consider including a column to compare each treatment option's accessibility and availability under the heading "Availability and Accessibility." Examine elements including the availability of specialized clinics or practitioners, insurance coverage, waiting periods, and other obstacles that may restrict access to particular treatments.
Reply 4
Original post by sammykerre
Check out this outline, hope it helps you in generating more prompts for this question;

Medication: Add a column to compare how often each mental health issue is treated with medication. Describe the types of drugs that are typically administered, how they work, any potential adverse effects, and how well they treat the particular ailment.

Create a column to explain the various psychotherapy modalities used to treat each type of mental illness. This can include psychodynamic therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and other evidence-based treatments. Describe the primary tactics and methods employed in each strategy and how well they work to manage symptoms.

Consider adding a column to discuss the accessibility and effectiveness of support groups for each mental health issue. Examine the existence of specialized support groups for the disease and the advantages they offer in terms of offering peer support, exchanging experiences, and fostering recovery.

Self-Help Techniques: Describe the many self-help techniques that people can use to manage their mental health condition in a column. This can include activities that are recognized to improve mental health, such as mindfulness exercises, relaxation methods, writing, exercise, and others.

Include a column to highlight alternate treatments that are occasionally employed for particular mental health issues, if applicable. Examples can include yoga, acupuncture, herbal supplements, or other supplementary therapies. Emphasize any data or proof that demonstrates their efficacy.

Consider including a column to compare each treatment option's accessibility and availability under the heading "Availability and Accessibility." Examine elements including the availability of specialized clinics or practitioners, insurance coverage, waiting periods, and other obstacles that may restrict access to particular treatments.

Thank you so much this will help greatly ! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending