The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yh im form england and i know 2 other people that are going there who are also from england.
Reply 21
Although my cousin managed to get a place in the UK she used Pleven's UK representative. They processed the application for free so she wasn't at all out of pocket. She found it nice to have people in the UK she could e-mail and speak to if she had any questions.

http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/study-medicine-in-europe
Reply 22
Original post by firestar101
not sure. Wish the tuition fees were cheaper though. Seems too expensive. Maybe do pharmacy instead.

if your a student from an eu country and are under 35, you can get a student loan from a bulgarian bank, to cover tutition fees, so all you have to pay for is your accomodation and day to day living expenses.

cheapest accomodation is the student hostel, which is low standard accomodation but the majority of international students live there, rooms are shared between 2 or 3 and are around 35 euros a month, or you can rent a room out for 75 euros a month

there is also private accomodation but that is around 200 euros and if you share an apartment, the cost isnt too bad - but in private accomdation there is additional cost like light, heating, gass bills etc

yh im planning to apply for 2013 entry and ive heavily researched it, hope this information isnt too late! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Hogwarts
hey guys :smile: congratulations on you offers :smile: The bulgarian medical education is probably on of the best in the country. The system is a little bit different to other countries. The major exams are held two times in the whole year - around Jan and around May. Meanwhile you've got various tests and practical exams held during the year. I see that most of you are accepted to MU Pleven. This is probably the university with one of the best educational facilities. The town is not very big. The population is around 120 000 people. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Hi,

Is there any funding available for uk students?

Thanks
Reply 24
Like i said before THERE IS FUNDING FOR UK STUDENTS if your a student from an eu country and are under 35, you can get a student loan from a bulgarian bank, to cover tutition fees, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR HOUSING AND DAY TO DAY EXPENSES AS THE BULGARIAN BANKS DO NOT PROVIDE A LOAN FOR THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE A CHILD

other wise the the uk gov do not supply loans

Ive checked this all out and hold a conditional offer for pleven uni of medicine

BTW I HAVE SPOKEN TO ALL THREE BANKS IN BULGARIA THAT ISSUE THE LOANS!

Contact: http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/study-medicine-in-europe they are bery helpful and will fill you in on all the details on funding and pleven uni
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Hi Guys,
Im looking to apply to Bulgaria, i was wondering if you knew what the academic requirment is and how much the fees are? Also is it too late to apply for admission in February 2013 and does anybody have a link to an application form?
Original post by Jholder
Like i said before THERE IS FUNDING FOR UK STUDENTS if your a student from an eu country and are under 35, you can get a student loan from a bulgarian bank, to cover tutition fees, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR HOUSING AND DAY TO DAY EXPENSES AS THE BULGARIAN BANKS DO NOT PROVIDE A LOAN FOR THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE A CHILD

other wise the the uk gov do not supply loans

Ive checked this all out and hold a conditional offer for pleven uni of medicine

BTW I HAVE SPOKEN TO ALL THREE BANKS IN BULGARIA THAT ISSUE THE LOANS!

Contact: http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/study-medicine-in-europe they are bery helpful and will fill you in on all the details on funding and pleven uni

Hi

I would like to study medicine in Bulgaria, can you please direct me in which is the best method of admission, is there any admission requirements? I.e. high school results have to be at a certain level?

Any information would be helpful
Reply 27
Original post by mohsanrabbani
Hi

I wou e to study medicine in Bulgaria, can you please direct me in which is the best method of admission, is there any admission requirements? I.e. high school results have to be at a certain level?

Any information would be helpful

Ok so you have to apply to each university seperately, i personally have only applied to pleven university. The outreach education organisation (i think i posted a link) i went through them. They are the official representatives in the uk for pleven university and charge nothing for their services. They will send you an admission form and talk you through the process. They didnt specify what gcse grades they wanted but a's and b's i should think? So sent them a filled in application form and my gcse certificates and the uni sent back an offer of BBB to include chemistry and biology a-levels. It took 2 days to get an offer (so not so stressful) The offers can vary depending on the applicant. But talk to the outreach education people!

If you recieve an offer, then the outreach people send you an offer pack with a list of documents you can send them at a later date
Reply 28
Hi, I just got an offer from pleven using outreach for feb 2013, and was wondering how long till the welcome pack comes what tells me what I need to send off etc.
Reply 29
hi guys,

Ive been accepted to study medicine at pleven for the feb 2013 start. Anyone else definitely going? im very excited and hope to get to know fellow students :-)
Reply 30
Original post by fierce25
hi guys,

Ive been accepted to study medicine at pleven for the feb 2013 start. Anyone else definitely going? im very excited and hope to get to know fellow students :-)

Hi,
I just have too for feb 2013. And I think I'm definetley going :smile: Do you know anyone else going? also have u checked out the university? I've not visited it yet, but i think I will before I make my final decision.:smile:
Reply 31
I am also starting at Pleven from Feb 2013 and I'm from England!! woop woop :biggrin: add me on skypee shaz.rai1 :smile: xxx
Reply 32
Heyy

I haven't been able to visit but tbh I'm not expecting excellent standards anyway so I doubt visiting would change my mind. I'm part of the Facebook group of current students, they've been very informative; I'm happy with what I'm hearing :-)

Are you guys attending the outreach education January pre-departure meeting? I hope to see you all there :-)
Reply 33
Original post by maljebo
Hi, I just got an offer from pleven using outreach for feb 2013, and was wondering how long till the welcome pack comes what tells me what I need to send off etc.

the welcome pack came like 5 days later? don't worry if you haven't received it yet its coming! lol
Reply 34
Original post by Jholder
the welcome pack came like 5 days later? don't worry if you haven't received it yet its coming! lol

It came lol, i've sent off my documents to be legalised and what not.
Reply 35
Original post by maljebo
It came lol, i've sent off my documents to be legalised and what not.

good good! ahah your ahead of me lol , i still need to send that shizz off!
Reply 36
Hi I'm going to be applying for Feb 2014 and was just wondering if anyone has visited pleven? Is it a good place to live in? And are you looking forward to going?

p.s. is bulgarian hard to study?
I'm just in the process of applying through outreach, are there any students here from uk who are currently studying in Pleven?
Don't know if this is a stupid question but if I apply now (ive got my a level grades of BBBA*) can I start in feb 2013 or will it be feb 2014...
Also, can you be made an offer after you've sent your provisional application or do you have to send the full thing if including all the legal stuff?

So much information to sort out...but I'm really excited:smile:
Reply 38
Original post by heythereimannie
I'm just in the process of applying through outreach, are there any students here from uk who are currently studying in Pleven?
Don't know if this is a stupid question but if I apply now (ive got my a level grades of BBBA*) can I start in feb 2013 or will it be feb 2014...
Also, can you be made an offer after you've sent your provisional application or do you have to send the full thing if including all the legal stuff?

So much information to sort out...but I'm really excited:smile:

hey! im sure you can still apply for feb 2013 (im someone who has applied) when you send the provisional application, you'll be made a conditional offer, the offer only becomes unconditional once you've sent off all the documents. the outreach people will tell you everything, its better off asking them :smile:

but i hop this kinda helps?! :smile:
Original post by HamzahK21
Hi I'm going to be applying for Feb 2014 and was just wondering if anyone has visited pleven? Is it a good place to live in? And are you looking forward to going?

p.s. is bulgarian hard to study?

same :biggrin:
ahh I have been to Pleven- its beautiful! :biggrin: I loved it :smile: and i've got friends there in Pleven and they've introduced me on fb to their friends at Pleven and Sofia medical school!
We only learn the basics over 3 years-it'll be fine!

Latest

Trending

Trending