The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cooliomed
Too late, stop digging.

Hope you will be happy surrounded by students who scrapped D's in their A-levels who's probably agent bribed their way into Plovdiv.

Exactly. Competing with them will be easier. Alot easier. Ive got my head screwed on right and ill get top grades. Ill just use the other students.
Original post by HuzaifahN
Exactly. Competing with them will be easier. Alot easier. Ive got my head screwed on right and ill get top grades. Ill just use the other students.

Disagree. You will be applying for jobs and will be looked at from the university you studied at. When employers see that most students from Plovdiv are "divs" (pardon the pun) you will be looked over compared to those that have graduated from real, respected universities like Charles etc. that have a history of grads working in the UK

Your funeral but I would rather not flush 6 years of my life down the Plov!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Then would you reccomend sofia? Or is that bad too?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Then would you reccomend sofia? Or is that bad too?

I decided against Bulgaria full stop. I had an offer for Pleven but this was my fifth preference after Czech (3 units) and Latvia.
Hey all, if you guys have any questions about Pleven MU ask away. I was there this year for Feb 2016, but I got an offer from the UK so I came back.
Reply 445
I am currently in the process of applying to Pleven Uni in Bulgaria and I have received an offer but I wanted to know if it was a uni worth accepting the offer to and if it is as good as people say??Has anyone been in this position or are in this position?
Original post by Fr3y^^A
I am currently in the process of applying to Pleven Uni in Bulgaria and I have received an offer but I wanted to know if it was a uni worth accepting the offer to and if it is as good as people say??Has anyone been in this position or are in this position?

ya I'm in the exact same position. Have you joined the fb group?
Reply 447
No I did not know there was one? How would I go about joining this group? Also, have you only applied to study at Pleven or have you applied elsewhere or in the UK?
Original post by Fr3y^^A
No I did not know there was one? How would I go about joining this group? Also, have you only applied to study at Pleven or have you applied elsewhere or in the UK?

Ive applied here in UK aswell. In Bulgaria ive only applied to Pleven. What about you?
The fb group is called
Association of International Medical Students of Pleven
Reply 449
Original post by Superwoman212
Ive applied here in UK aswell. In Bulgaria ive only applied to Pleven. What about you?
The fb group is called
Association of International Medical Students of Pleven

Hey,

I have requested to join the facebook group. I am the same, I have applied only to Pleven because I have been told that is the best uni. What unis have you applied to in the UK?
Reply 450
Hello all! I have applied to Plovdiv University in Bulgaria, despite all the bad news i keep hearing about the University on these forums, has anyone else applied to Plovdiv?

Now that the UK is not part of the European Union, does this mean that in order to register to practice in the UK you need to sit the PLAB exam?
Reply 451
Hi, my daughter is interested in applying at Sofia University to study medicine. Does anyone know whether Sofia University provides better education than the one in Pleven (in regards to medicine specifically)?
Reply 452
Original post by Hogwarts
hey guys :smile: congratulations on you offers :smile: The bulgarian medical education is probably on of the best in the country. The system is a little bit different to other countries. The major exams are held two times in the whole year - around Jan and around May. Meanwhile you've got various tests and practical exams held during the year. I see that most of you are accepted to MU Pleven. This is probably the university with one of the best educational facilities. The town is not very big. The population is around 120 000 people. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:

What university are you at in Bulgaria? How is it? Are the exams manageable or are they really hard? What year are you in?
Hey I'm sorry if this is too personal but how is everyone managing to pay for studying abroad? Have you guys got students loans?
[QUOTE=mariapatel;66404670]Hey I'm sorry if this is too personal but how is everyone managing to pay for studying abroad? Have you guys got students loans?

The days of Bulgarian student loans are over.
Original post by Cooliomed
The days of Bulgarian student loans are over.

Oh. How come?
Original post by mariapatel
Oh. How come?

The banks stopped lending the money and as it is for EU students there is little chance if they start lending again then they will give to UK students as our country is on the way out of the EU!
Reply 457
Dont go Pleven. Heard its completely ****. Most students go to Plovdiv. Then its sofia. Sofias basically the biggest city in bulgaria. Plovdivs second I think. Ill be applying to Plovdiv if I dont get good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is plovdiv better then pleven if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by HemZi

http://www.4icu.org/bg/

It isn't, in fact Plovdiv is the lowest ranked!
Original post by HemZi

Ive heard that its underfunded and that it isn't very student friendly.

Latest

Trending

Trending