The Student Room Group

History Applicants Stalking thread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Feeling like a York rejection is on its way for me... :frown:
Original post by FuzzySheep
Feeling like a York rejection is on its way for me... :frown:

Same, but for Bristol.......

:frown: waiting on Oxford makes everything so much worse too....
Why aren't Warwick replying :frown:
Original post by Niki_girl
Same, but for Bristol.......

:frown: waiting on Oxford makes everything so much worse too....

Same with Bristol, but they do take ages and there's only been one offer on TSR! Tonnes have got replies from York and I sent mine off really early! :frown:

Oxford wait is :frown: but I've resigned myself to getting a rejection anyway :P
Reply 384
AS: AAAAA

Predicted Grades: A*A*A

KCL, QMUL, Nottingham, Newcastle and Birmingham

straight history

OFFERS: QMUL, Newcastle, Nottingham, all AAA offers. Sent UCAS off 2 weeks ago.
Original post by Koala_100
Assume not having one means definite rejection..? Oh well. I can live with 4/5 :wink:

I haven't got one either, it is a relief to find someone else who hasn't had these multiple acknowledgments! No news is good news, if it was a rejection they would have said so hopefully it's nothing too bad :-)
Original post by Seanm1994
5 A*, 5 A at GCSE
AAAB
Predicted A*A*AA

I've seen a few people on here who have received offers from there as well. Have you applied there?

Yep haha really want to go there so I'd rather just know now if it's a rejection! Congratulations though :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by girlafraidx
Yep haha really want to go there so I'd rather just know now if it's a rejection! Congratulations though :smile:

Thanks :smile:, and I'm sure you'll get an offer soon. My friend, with a stronger application/captain of school, only got his offer from there today. Be positive!
Reply 388
I haven't got one either, it is a relief to find someone else who hasn't had these multiple acknowledgments! No news is good news, if it was a rejection they would have said so hopefully it's nothing too bad :-)

Yeah I hope so! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Where else did you apply??
Reply 389
GCSE: 10A* 2A
AS: AAABB
predicted A2: AAA
A levels: History, German, RS (dropped History of Art and Critical Thinking)
applied to: exeter, durham (AMM), edinburgh, bristol, st andrews (ancient)
UCAS sent: 30th Nov

no offers yet :/ I know edinburgh and st andrews don't give offers until february or march, but still... didn't really go for any insurance places either.... *I'm an idiot*
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm a bit late in joining this thread but oh well!

Can someone add me to the stalking page?
Name: flying_ifan
GCSE: 10A* 1A
AS: AAAAB (B in History)
Predicted A2: A*A*A*A (A in History)
A levels: History, Geography, Literature, Spanish (Dropped Latin)
Applied to: Oxford, Durham, LSE, UCL, Edinburgh

Got an interview from Oxford which went really badly (so not expecting an offer :frown:), then got rejected from Durham on Monday and got a letter today from UCL saying that I "have been recommended to the faculty that you receive an offer" - does that mean I certainly have an offer? :s-smilie:

Also I'm applying from Spain which means I don't really want to go all the way to London for the open day... I'm guessing its not obligatory to go?
Reply 391
Offer from St Andrew AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Reply 392
I just haven't received any reply from York yet and my application was sent off on October 13th.... It worries me as lots of others have had offers (even some at my school for History), and it feels as if I've been forgotten by them :P I've had 3 offers so far (Leeds, Birmingham and Newcastle) but York is just bugging me.... It does seem as if everyone has applied to them though
Reply 393
Original post by Xyris
I just haven't received any reply from York yet and my application was sent off on October 13th.... It worries me as lots of others have had offers (even some at my school for History), and it feels as if I've been forgotten by them :P I've had 3 offers so far (Leeds, Birmingham and Newcastle) but York is just bugging me.... It does seem as if everyone has applied to them though

I sent mine off for York on the 10th November and I have a friend who sent his off way before me and neither of us have heard back yet either :/ It's the one offer I really want so it's really irritating. I've had all my other offers back including one for another department at York but some people seem to have only waited about a month for their offers for History whilst others are still waiting ):
Original post by Koala_100
Yeah I hope so! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Where else did you apply??

I applied to Leeds and Royal Holloway where I have offers from and also Durham, Warwick and Bristol. Bit nervous waiting to hear back, but I guess like I said no news is better than rejections :frown:
Original post by Lumos
GCSE: 10A* 2A
AS: AAABB
predicted A2: AAA
A levels: History, German, RS (dropped History of Art and Critical Thinking)
applied to: exeter, durham (AMM), edinburgh, bristol, st andrews (ancient)
UCAS sent: 30th Nov

no offers yet :/ I know edinburgh and st andrews don't give offers until february or march, but still... didn't really go for any insurance places either.... *I'm an idiot*

Oh wow the first person I've found to apply for AMM at Durham! What college did you apply for?! :smile: And dw, I have no insurance places either really, I have AAB and that is it, the rest are all 3 As sigh!
Reply 396
Hi,

Im currently doing an access course in humanities.

Applied to Aber, Bangor, Bristol, Glamorgan and York St Johns for a straight history course.

Sent application on the 5th December and had offers from Glamorgan (pass the course), Aber (50% merit on the course) and Bangor (pass the course).

So just waiting to hear back from Bristol and York St Johns.

By the sounds of it Bristol take forever to come back to you though :frown:
Reply 397
Oh wow the first person I've found to apply for AMM at Durham! What college did you apply for?! :smile: And dw, I have no insurance places either really, I have AAB and that is it, the rest are all 3 As sigh!

Yay, are you applying for it as well? :biggrin: I was going to go for straight history before they changed the requirements to A* in history.. :angry: but AMM is good, I always thought it was a bit strange that most history courses don't cover anything before the end of the roman empire. I applied to university, just because it seemed like the biggest, most central one and I didn't have much time to research into the others.

Same, some of them are AAB/ABB but they also say they go up to AAA... so I have no idea really :/
Reply 398
Predicted Grades(If applicable): AAB
Unis you are, or have applied to: UCL(SSEES), Brunel, Reading, Hertfordshire and Kingston

I've heard back from Brunel (BBB),Reading (ABB),
(edited 12 years ago)
Offer from Oxford - AAA :dancing:

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending