The Student Room Group

Best Revsion Books/Question Books For Higher?

Wondering if anyone has got an A in any of the subjects:

Higher - English, Math, Physics, Chemistry And Economics

Please Offer tips and also recommend any books/study guides that could help to achive an A?

Im a hard working student and doing well according to teachers. Studing as the year progresses so i want to get as much as i can this year.

Reply 1
Original post by Aadil249

Please Offer tips and also recommend any books/study guides that could help to achive an A?

Im a hard working student and doing well according to teachers. Studing as the year progresses so i want to get as much as i can this year.

Got an A in higher English ( couldn't believe it )

I used " how to pass higher enligh " --- started using it after i got 36% in my prelim..

managed to get 70% in the final exam ( 1% off an A1 ) so it must be useful!
Reply 2
I got A's in Maths, Chemistry and Physics.

For Maths I recommend just doing a lot of practice questions, and watching maths videos online if you forget how to do something.
For Chemistry I used the BrightRed book along with a lot of the ChemCord practice question book. But for the past few months I just focused on past papers.
For Physics I used the BrightRed book and done a LOT of past paper work. (I found the BrightRed book particularly good for this)
Reply 3
Thanks guys! Really helped. I was thinking about getting the "how to pass higher english" and also the bright red for maths and physics. Now i know they actually help so i will try it out. Thanks again! Wondering if anyone has done higher economics? Is it a valued subject for the engineering/medical path?
Reply 4
i would suggest buying a past paper book from the 2005 period, dont buy a recent one since you have those online, that way you'll have roughly 8 years worth of pure past papers. Practice papers are also very useful as you will eventually find that you'll have ran out of past papers to practice with.
The How to Pass range is indeed the best i would say, there are also other useful books (like one with the list of key terms i used for biology)

Have a check on Play.com/Amazon/Ebay for all these items. You will get them second hand for only a few quid, buying something second hand shouldnt be something that embaresses you, the quality of them is as good as the current printed range. The problem with the printed range is they don't actually print all the useful books anyway, 2005 version os past papers you will need to find second hand for example as they are no longer printed by leckie and leckie after they lose the rights to BrightRed.

Hope that helps you, i got AAABB btw :wink:
Original post by Aadil249

First step, buy loads and loads of past papers, they are like gold to you in April time as you will rely on them alot.

Secondally, this is how i do it , for sciency subjects get Brightred and not How to pass, how to pass for science sujects are terrible.And for writy , essay subjects you can go for how to pass.And it helps in the science subjects to get a textbook with all of the course content in it, to ensure that don't miss revising anything.

I dont think there is any resources for economics, not a popular sujects but you can always really on past papers and marking schemes from the SQA website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending