The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Got my first acknowledgement from Glasgow :')

I'm applying to do psychology and sociology :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by DreamByDay
Thanks !! I did that and could find out about my offer :smile: Sadly it seems almost impossible for me to reach the grade they are asking for :/ But I want so much to go to Glasgow Uni, I'll defo try hard :biggrin:

Aww well good luck to you :biggrin: I'm sure you will make it :smile:
Reply 82
Applied for English! It's my insurance choice but I love Glasgow so I would be thrilled to get an offer :tongue:
Original post by LHC
Aww well good luck to you :biggrin: I'm sure you will make it :smile:

Thanks ! I'll do my best :biggrin:
I'm applying for Glasgow this year but think I'll get rejected as I only got 3 highers - AAB. Fingers crossed though
Original post by Notethis
How's Glasgow on a night out for English students? You know how lots of people say the Scots have chips on their shoulders about the English.
(I've already applied there)

Glasgow is great for nights out; it has a lot of awesome places for clubbing. As for the shoulder chips, lots of people speak overexaggerated rubbish IMO - generally people are very welcome wherever you are from. You might here minor jokes from some people but all in all they are ussually harmless. I am really sure you will enjoy the uni and city.

I have an English relative who just completed a degree at GU and she said the people couldn't have been more welcoming and friendlier.

Hope this rambling answers your question.
Reply 86
Got an unconditional for Russian Studies from Glasgow, but today I firmed my unconditional from UCL.
Reply 87
Do they look more at your predicted grades or the grades you have so far got? My AS grades.
Conditional to study History of Art, sooo happy :smile:
Original post by Notethis
How's Glasgow on a night out for English students? You know how lots of people say the Scots have chips on their shoulders about the English.
(I've already applied there)

I hear more English accents than Scottish ones each day at the uni.

I don't know why people are saying that because I'm Scottish and we never discuss the English; we tend to get on with our lives :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I hear more English accents than Scottish ones each day at the uni.

I don't know why people are saying that because I'm Scottish and we never discuss the English; we tend to get on with our lives :lolwut:

Oh please; I bet you're sharpening your wooden spear while your clan leader retells the saga of William Wilberforce in preparation for a siege at York. You disgust me, barbarian.
French <3 I soo want an offer from Glasgow! Must get round to applying first though haha! Just need to write that damn personal statement...
Reply 92
My mother thinks she heard something about an overnight London- Glasgow coach or something for a pound, might make it easier to visit so she's changing her mind slightly :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Hi, I'm applying for genetics with an year in industry (or something like that) :biggrin:

Good luck to all of you :smile:
English and History joint Honours- Got my offer last week (ABB) :smile:
Original post by Your New Shoes
English and History joint Honours- Got my offer last week (ABB) :smile:

Original post by natashaha
I got an offer from Glasgow on Thursday!!! <33 But I don't know whether its conditional or unconditional, how long does it usually take to be put on UCAS?
Thanks (Im praying it's unconditional)

Congrats both on your offers! :woo:

Natasha - what subject was it in?
:woo:

Just got an offer for Economics and Geography - ABB! So happy! Sent it off on the 11th October - so a pretty quick reply!
Reply 97
Original post by natashaha
Thanks!! Philosophy :smile:

What were your predictions to get in? I want to do philosophy at Glasgow but i'm worried i wont get an offer.
Reply 98
Original post by Charlesworth
:woo:

Just got an offer for Economics and Geography - ABB! So happy! Sent it off on the 11th October - so a pretty quick reply!

Well done! It's nice that they're so quick with it
I applied to pharmacology at the same as another person at my school and she got an unconditional last wednesday. They haven't got back to me yet... I don't understand my surname is only 10 letters later in the alphabet and I have higher grades than her - I know it its barely two weeks since I applied but she recieved a reply so quick. :frown: Why won't Glasgow love me? Ever so nervous.

Original post by Aesc
My mother thinks she heard something about an overnight London- Glasgow coach or something for a pound, might make it easier to visit so she's changing her mind slightly :smile:

I think its around £40 for a ticket but still not a bad deal. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending