The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Harder than many of the recent FFE papers. The wording was strange on one or two questions and OCR seem to have a thing about putting some kind of background in for each question. Some of my students were thrown by the liquid sodium question which was just F=BIL and Flemings Left hand rule in disguise.

5 marks for fusion was strange; most could say little other than what fusion is - and a gift for students that do the Particles option
Reply 21
yea, i think that fleming's question i actually got, but even though i had done questions like those that came up with out much difficulty before i think the first question required a little bit of thinking which threw me, and from there on i couldn't ge back on track. any ideas on where the grade boundaries will be?
Nope - my guess is slightly below the usual 80% - 40%. My best students who got As on all the previous papers reckoned they were scoring about 75% when I went through the paper with them. The weak students who got around Es last scored about 25%.

I think there will be a lot of retakes in May!

Latest