The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 2 7408/2 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Physics Paper 2 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Physics Paper 2 7408/2 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 10th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi
Son's teacher suggested that the following part of the thermal spec (3.6.2.3 Molecular kinetic theory model), would never come up and it's not worth revising / remembering. Wondered whether you'd been given similar advice / what you think about that?

"Assumptions leading to pV = 1/3Nm cms2
including derivation of the equation and calculations."

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Starlow
Hi
Son's teacher suggested that the following part of the thermal spec (3.6.2.3 Molecular kinetic theory model), would never come up and it's not worth revising / remembering. Wondered whether you'd been given similar advice / what you think about that?

"Assumptions leading to pV = 1/3Nm cms2
including derivation of the equation and calculations."

Thanks.

The kinetic theory model is always a hefty q, like 6 marks or something? I would defo go over it, ESPECIALLY considering its ranked the highest in paper 2
Original post by mojin
The kinetic theory model is always a hefty q, like 6 marks or something? I would defo go over it, ESPECIALLY considering its ranked the highest in paper 2

Thank you - this was my argument :smile:
After today's Paper 1 refractive index question, do you think there will be a topic worth a number of marks (say 5 to 8) on Paper 2 that also isn't on the advanced info?
Original post by solardarity
After today's Paper 1 refractive index question, do you think there will be a topic worth a number of marks (say 5 to 8) on Paper 2 that also isn't on the advanced info?

Most likely
How is everyone revising for paper 2?
Reply 7
Original post by naash_123
How is everyone revising for paper 2?

I am thinking of doing all the past papers available first then do savemyexams questions specific to advance info.

I am planning to leave paper 3 revision until I am done with paper 2. Do you guys think it is a good idea?
Original post by solardarity

i think definitely because paper 2 topics are already shorter i think and if there are like 6/7 long questions, surely atleast 1 or 2 will be on a topic not listed on the advance info. but those qs will probs be the least marks out of all the big qs.
Original post by valmirB
I am thinking of doing all the past papers available first then do savemyexams questions specific to advance info.

I am planning to leave paper 3 revision until I am done with paper 2. Do you guys think it is a good idea?

that’s what im doing too but idk if its a good idea😂
Original post by valmirB

i would start paper 3 revision at the same time - atleast one of the sections of paper 3 (probs the optional unit)
Reply 11
Original post by fluffypoopies
i think definitely because paper 2 topics are already shorter i think and if there are like 6/7 long questions, surely atleast 1 or 2 will be on a topic not listed on the advance info. but those qs will probs be the least marks out of all the big qs.

To be honest, the topics they’ve given for paper 2 are actually very long. Magnetic fields is huge, same with radioactivity. Only ones missing are electric fields, which are already similar to grav fields, and capacitors. From memory. Papers also repeat qs in the same topic but with a different focus. I doubt the two I listed would come up, considering the content they already have on the advanced info, but idk what aqas mindset is
Original post by mojin
To be honest, the topics they’ve given for paper 2 are actually very long. Magnetic fields is huge, same with radioactivity. Only ones missing are electric fields, which are already similar to grav fields, and capacitors. From memory. Papers also repeat qs in the same topic but with a different focus. I doubt the two I listed would come up, considering the content they already have on the advanced info, but idk what aqas mindset is

trueee we can’t really predict it. but considering they did put a long q on waves in paper 1, its possible that they do something similar in paper 2
guys do you recommend me doing topic questions first or past papers?
Original post by abdul 580
guys do you recommend me doing topic questions first or past papers?

id say a few topic qs on the topics u find difficult then do a paper then do more topic qs on the topics u got wrong on the paper
Original post by fluffypoopies
id say a few topic qs on the topics u find difficult then do a paper then do more topic qs on the topics u got wrong on the paper

what did you get in your recent mocks
kind of sad that there's no electric fields in the advance information because electric>>>>>thermal
Reply 17
Are guys including capacitors, dielectrics, and electric fields in your revision?
Considering how they put waves, one of these could pop up.
Original post by K23E23
Are guys including capacitors, dielectrics, and electric fields in your revision?

of course, because they did it last time what makes you think they won't do it again. I would stay on the safe side and revise everything
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by K23E23

yep, i noticed that in every past paper from 2017 they’ve always done questions on 5 different topics and since only 4 were listed in the advance info, that suggests one of capacitors or electric fields is likely to come up too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending