The Student Room Group

need help on bonhoeffer :( !!!

hiii i am currently revising for my mocks for religious studies and I'm stumped. basically for Christian moral actions such as Bonhoeffer what scholarly sources could I use to support my argument or disagree with the argument?
also, where could I find A* ocr a level rs exemplar papers
As a tutor, I'm here to help you navigate through any difficulties you're facing. Whether you need assistance with structuring your essay, clarifying concepts, or finding scholarly sources, please don't hesitate to reach out. Together, we can work through the challenges and create a compelling essay that showcases your understanding and critical thinking
Here are a few suggestions;
Academic Journals: Search databases like JSTOR, Academic Search Complete, or ProQuest for articles on Christian ethics, moral actions, or specific scholars like Bonhoeffer. Look for journals like "Journal of Religious Ethics" or "Studies in Christian Ethics."

Books: Check out works by renowned theologians and ethicists such as Dietrich Bonhoeffer himself. Some notable titles include "Ethics" and "The Cost of Discipleship." Additionally, examine critical assessments or commentaries on Bonhoeffer's writings by scholars like Stanley Hauerwas

Online Resources: Explore websites of reputable institutions or organizations dedicated to religious studies and ethics, such as Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, or the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics.
Reply 2
Original post by sannsjahahbsw
hiii i am currently revising for my mocks for religious studies and I'm stumped. basically for Christian moral actions such as Bonhoeffer what scholarly sources could I use to support my argument or disagree with the argument?

You can find explanation of his key ideas as well as evaluations, including from scholars, here: https://alevelphilosophyandreligion.com/ocr-religious-studies/ocr-christianity/christian-moral-action/
Reply 3
Original post by sannsjahahbsw

Hello! When researching Christian moral actions, such as Bonhoeffer's ideas, it's important to consult scholarly sources to support or challenge your arguments. Here are some suggestions for finding such sources:

Academic Databases: Explore databases like JSTOR, ProQuest, or Google Scholar, which provide access to a wide range of scholarly articles, books, and research papers. Use keywords like "Bonhoeffer Christian ethics" or "Bonhoeffer moral actions" to find relevant sources.

Books and Book Chapters: Look for books written by reputable scholars in the field of religious studies or ethics. Check library catalogs or online platforms like Amazon or Google Books for titles related to Bonhoeffer's ethics or Christian moral actions.

Journal Articles: Search for academic journals that specialize in religious studies, Christian ethics, or moral theology. Some notable journals include Journal of Religious Ethics, Modern Theology, or Ethics: An International Journal of Social, Political, and Legal Philosophy.

Online Research Platforms: Explore online platforms that curate scholarly articles and research papers, such as ResearchGate, Academia.edu, or Phil Papers. These platforms often provide access to academic papers uploaded by researchers in the field.

Remember to critically evaluate the sources you find, considering factors like author credibility, peer-reviewed status, and relevance to your specific argument.

Regarding OCR A Level RS exemplar papers, you can typically find them on the official OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) website or through your school's RS department. They may provide past papers, mark schemes, and exemplar papers for practice. If you have difficulty accessing them, consider speaking to your RS teacher or examining the OCR website for more information.
Reply 4
how likely do you think it is that bonhoeffer will come up in today's exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending