The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - January 2012 Exam.

May seem early but its never 2 early 2 prepare
any problems etc post here, Im resitting this, got a B last time, horrible paper.
oh and they've changed the time to 2 hrs now :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

The F324 unit is now 1 hour 15 minutes paper and the F325 unit is a 2 hour paper :smile: Perhaps they will have a nice paper in the Winter, considering record numbers will be sitting F325 in Jan12 as a result of not achieving their offers in the Summer 2011...

How are you preparing for F325? Old past papers from the old Unit 5 and 6 Synoptic?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
hi, im resitting the paper in jan 2011 too just the F325...i was wondering if anyone had access to june 2011 paper and markscheme as i did terrible in it
Hey :smile:
My college have done this weirdly, so I am taking F325 in January and F324 in June! How is the paper, is there much F324 involved in the EEE paper? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by LGrosvenor101
Hey :smile:
My college have done this weirdly, so I am taking F325 in January and F324 in June! How is the paper, is there much F324 involved in the EEE paper? :s-smilie:

Not really.
This is all acids, equilibriums, haber cycles, entropy and transition metals...whereas F324 was about mass specs..polymers etc

:smile:
Original post by ab12345
Not really.
This is all acids, equilibriums, haber cycles, entropy and transition metals...whereas F324 was about mass specs..polymers etc

:smile:

I know that lol :P I mean, i've heard that because you usually do it the other way round, they usually expect that you can apply some, well a small amount-ish, of your F324 knowledge to the F325 paper? And I was just wondering if that was true :P thanks anyway xD
Original post by mirsten
hi, im resitting the paper in jan 2011 too just the F325...i was wondering if anyone had access to june 2011 paper and markscheme as i did terrible in it

by terrible...how terrible?
Reply 7
Original post by LGrosvenor101
I know that lol :P I mean, i've heard that because you usually do it the other way round, they usually expect that you can apply some, well a small amount-ish, of your F324 knowledge to the F325 paper? And I was just wondering if that was true :P thanks anyway xD

Oh sorry
I guess that didn't help at all :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by intellectual1
by terrible...how terrible?

by terrible i mean like an E i think overall i got a C in chem but yea not great :frown:
Reply 11
hiiiiii im resitting this module too in january......has anyone started their revision for this exam yet?
Original post by 786girl
May seem early but its never 2 early 2 prepare
any problems etc post here, Im resitting this, got a B last time, horrible paper.
oh and they've changed the time to 2 hrs now :biggrin:

HEY, IM DOING THIS PAPER TOO!!!!

problem is that my teacher is pregnant and is incrdibly SLOW

shes great at teaching but not at the mo.
we've just started the energy topic and i was wondering, at this rate, are we behind-other classes are on redox etx and we're on born-haber cycles

what do you think i should do?

please help...:s-smilie::frown::eek::confused:
Reply 13
Original post by fahimak
hiiiiii im resitting this module too in january......has anyone started their revision for this exam yet?

ive started but i started in September as i needed lots of time to not get stressed or anything :smile: im starting to work through questions in the text books now dont want to run out of stuff to do!

good luck with it all :smile:

if you need any help ask
Original post by mirsten
ive started but i started in September as i needed lots of time to not get stressed or anything :smile: im starting to work through questions in the text books now dont want to run out of stuff to do!

good luck with it all :smile:

if you need any help ask

by revision, do you mean that you've read the whole book or you're just revising as you go along???

i'll appreciate sum help
Reply 15
Original post by Funky_Munky
by revision, do you mean that you've read the whole book or you're just revising as you go along???

i'll appreciate sum help

ive gone throught the whole text book making notes, and have now started the examination question in the book and condensing my notes on to record cards :smile: ive also written down equation and stuff and stuck them on my wall above my desk seems to be helping me to remember it all :biggrin:
Reply 16
Is everyone feeling ready for thsi exam then?
I've made notes on every spread in the textbook. Just making notes on everything in the specificiation, and then moving on to past papers.
Hopefully no magic tang in this paper
Reply 17
hi guys! right i need help. Ive completed A levels and resitting chemistry as I got a B & need an A for my course.
F321 - 79 (A)
F322- 125 (A)
F323 - 50 (A)
F324- 54 (C)
F325 - 107 (B)
F326 - 40 (C)
Total: 455 (B)
I am re-sitting F324 & F325 in January, I need 25 more ums marks in these papers to get an A, how many raw marks do you think that is??? I have properly started revising today and a quarter of my way through the first topic of F324 (hope its not too late)
Anyone that can shed light will be a massive help!
Original post by *QueenBeee
hi guys! right i need help. Ive completed A levels and resitting chemistry as I got a B & need an A for my course.
F321 - 79 (A)
F322- 125 (A)
F323 - 50 (A)
F324- 54 (C)
F325 - 107 (B)
F326 - 40 (C)
Total: 455 (B)
I am re-sitting F324 & F325 in January, I need 25 more ums marks in these papers to get an A, how many raw marks do you think that is??? I have properly started revising today and a quarter of my way through the first topic of F324 (hope its not too late)
Anyone that can shed light will be a massive help!

what happened to your grades at A2?:eek:
Reply 19
Original post by Funky_Munky
what happened to your grades at A2?:eek:

Exactly! I neeeeed an A, honestly don't think it's gonna happen. AS was a doodle....if only A2 were the same! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending