The Student Room Group

Day after masturbation

I masturbate about 2-3 days a week (well, 4-5 times in total, spread over 2-3 distinct days, if that makes sense).

On the actual day it will usually be evening/later at night when it happens. sometimes it's in the day time. I'll always feel tired after, but that's to be expected.

my problem is the rest of that day, and more often that not, the day after sort of "goes to waste" after it happens, because it literally drains me of nearly all my energy and ability to concentrate. I can have a full, decent night's sleep and I still feel very tired from what I did yesterday. the only thing that seems to help is having a hot bath/shower before sleeping (rather than when I wake up), I don't know if masturbating causes muscle strain or something?

I'm studying for exams and I get the urge to do it even though I know the exams are a lot more important in the long run. I don't feel like I'm excessive with it, and I try not to, as much as I can, but I'm human and it happens. it just bothers me because I feel like it's getting in the way of me being able to achieve my potential.

anyone else had/have the same kind of experience? for the record, I'm male and in my twenties.
3 options:

1. It's psychological - Are you worrying about masturbating/sex? Do you have negative emotions regarding this? Are you stressed in general (yes).

2. It's physiological - could be a number of things see a doctor. Do you exercise and if so do you get any of these symptoms? Are you feeling a bit run down - how are you sleeping?

3. It's a coincidence or you're wrongly identifying a pattern.

I'd guess it's a bit of all three: stress, with some physiological elements (though not necessarily with any underlying problem) and you being hyper aware of it.

I'd talk to a doctor and work on reducing stress. Try doing some extra exercise. Ironically, masturbation/sex is often a really good stress reliever.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JTfoxlove
3 options:

1. It's psychological - Are you worrying about masturbating/sex? Do you have negative emotions regarding this? Are you stressed in general (yes).

2. It's physiological - could be a number of things see a doctor. Do you exercise and if so do you get any of these symptoms? Are you feeling a bit run down - how are you sleeping?

3. It's a coincidence or you're wrongly identifying a pattern.

I'd guess it's a bit of all three: stress, with some physiological elements (though not necessarily with any underlying problem) and you being hyper aware of it.

I'd talk to a doctor and work on reducing stress. Try doing some extra exercise. Ironically, masturbation/sex is often a really good stress reliever.

I sort of do want to see my GP but it's probably one of the most embarrassing things to have to talk to someone about, face to face. I know it stays in the room between me and the doctor but I get the feeling they will just tell me it's normal or something, and then I look like I'm obsessed with masturbation, which I don't want

I thought about trying to reduce it to one day a week, one or two times that day, but then I feel like i'd be counting down to it, which would just be odd. Also when it's happened once in a day it's more likely to happen again, I think that is related to endorphins
Well it's definitely medical so a doctor is the first port of call.

Simply reducing masturbating is to hide a symptom, instead you really need help identifying the cause. A male in their 20s shouldn't be effected like this after having an orgasm. Whether it's by yourself or with a partner is irrelevant.

I can understand that it may be an uncomfortable conversation to have but this is effecting your quality of life and any good doctor would have a number of follow up questions to see if they can identify any underlying issues.

Just be very factual, open and honest.
Reply 4
i am having the same as well.
avoiding masturbating make the situation alot better but its not easy to have it under control.
i would feel energetic and fine and then i think lets do it and most often i will relapse.

can you update me with your situation? do you feel better? or did you find a way to relieve symptoms?

Quick Reply

Latest