The Student Room Group

Fee status British national, EU resident

Hi,

I am a British citizen and moved from England to Germany in 2012 at the age of 8. I have been living in Germany ever since.

I would now like to attend university in England. The university I applied to has classified me as having international fee status. I thought I was eligible for home status, could you please verify?

Thank you!
Original post by Peepo2003
Hi,

I am a British citizen and moved from England to Germany in 2012 at the age of 8. I have been living in Germany ever since.

I would now like to attend university in England. The university I applied to has classified me as having international fee status. I thought I was eligible for home status, could you please verify?

Thank you!

Hi there,

When is it you're looking to start the course and when do you return to the UK? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

When is it you're looking to start the course and when do you return to the UK? Thanks, Jason

Hi,

I am looking to join the January 2024 intake and would be returning to the UK for then.
Hi,

I am looking to join the January 2024 intake and would be returning to the UK for then.

Thank you. As long as you're living in the UK on the 1st of January 2024 then you should be eligible for the tuition fees. As long as you haven't studied at university before. I would advise applying at least 6-8 weeks before your course begins to avoid any delays. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. As long as you're living in the UK on the 1st of January 2024 then you should be eligible for the tuition fees. As long as you haven't studied at university before. I would advise applying at least 6-8 weeks before your course begins to avoid any delays. Thanks, Jason

So would you also agree that I have home fee status? Would I also be eligible for the minimum maintenance loan?
Re. living in the UK on 1 January - the course starts on 8 January. I was planning on moving over on 5 January, but I could stay with family in the UK beforehand if I have to be in the country by 1 January. What are the rules in that regard?
So would you also agree that I have home fee status? Would I also be eligible for the minimum maintenance loan?
Re. living in the UK on 1 January - the course starts on 8 January. I was planning on moving over on 5 January, but I could stay with family in the UK beforehand if I have to be in the country by 1 January. What are the rules in that regard?

Hi there, we don't have any say over what fees you're charged: that's entirely up to your university.

In terms of your other questions we'd recommend making an application online as soon as you're able. That way we can tell you exactly what you'll be entitled to.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
I would recommend reading up on the guidance on the UKCISA website. It explains the criteria the unis use to determine your fee status.
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
I would recommend reading up on the guidance on the UKCISA website. It explains the criteria the unis use to determine your fee status.

Thank you, yes, according to that I'm clearly classed as a home student. The university I applied to also links to UKCISA on their fees page.

I just hope they revise their decision. I was so chuffed to receive an offer, and then gutted when I went through the documents they enclosed and realised they'd assigned me international status. :-(
Thank you, yes, according to that I'm clearly classed as a home student. The university I applied to also links to UKCISA on their fees page.

I just hope they revise their decision. I was so chuffed to receive an offer, and then gutted when I went through the documents they enclosed and realised they'd assigned me international status. :-(

They should have a fee reassessment process for you to go through. It might be a bit laborious but hopefully they reconsider you.

Hi there, They should review the fees for you. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending