The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology exams (6BIO4) 25th January 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aym3n
u know i saw this animation for it that has maken it soo much easier for me...wait lemme find it for u

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/labs/gel/

here u go...theyll show an animation first and then ask u to carry out the experiment...helped me alot :smile:

Haha, that was good
thanks for the link
Reply 181
Original post by This Honest
Haha, that was good
thanks for the link

no problem..i prefer watching animations rather than learning every single thing :smile:..also i found some revision notes online..i dont even remember if i got them from this thread or google :confused: .. OH MY MEMORY..anyways do tell me if anyone wants them.....cz its a bigg RAR file .
Reply 182
Original post by .snowflake.
it's ok. If I've been taught the stuff off the spec, i generally get it. Hence why I've not a bloody clue about PS1 and PS2...

Edit: :adore: God bless google. I think I've got it. PS2 (700nm) is the source of energy that excites the electrons, which then go into the electron transport chain and PS1(<680nm) is for the photophosphorylation stuff?

well if u have the green ann fullick book for A2 a very clear diagram is given for it :tongue:

well PS2 gains an electron from the photolysis of water which then excites it and is carried along the ETC to produce ATP..... then the electron acceptor NADP picks up the electron from the PS2 ETC and also simultaneously accepts the h+ from the photolysis of water to from NADPH and then shifts into the light dependent reactions.....this is called non-cyclic photophosphorylation.... :tongue:...i think this is it...but im not sure still have to revise this stufff :eek::eek:
maths markschemes are even worse. They literally give the bare minimum, so most of the time you're like WTF??

LOL still i hate bio mark schemes !!! :tongue:
Original post by aym3n
no problem..i prefer watching animations rather than learning every single thing :smile:..also i found some revision notes online..i dont even remember if i got them from this thread or google :confused: .. OH MY MEMORY..anyways do tell me if anyone wants them.....cz its a bigg RAR file .

i wantt ittt naaaooww !! pleez !
Original post by aym3n

Don't worry yourself. It's alright :h:

EDIT: well now that moizeedexcel wants it,

:colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar:
Reply 186
Original post by moizedexcel
i wantt ittt naaaooww !! pleez !

well alright lets see if i can upload it on here without having to wait up all night :tongue:
Original post by aym3n
u know i saw this animation for it that has maken it soo much easier for me...wait lemme find it for u

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/labs/gel/

here u go...theyll show an animation first and then ask u to carry out the experiment...helped me alot :smile:

well thanks ! thats really nice stuff ! buh i want for brine shrimps experiment !! tell me if u hve okay !:smile:
Reply 188
Don't worry yourself. It's alright :h:

EDIT: well now that moizeedexcel wants it,

:colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar:

haha....yeap... im gonna try upload it :smile:
Reply 189
well thanks ! thats really nice stuff ! buh i want for brine shrimps experiment !! tell me if u hve okay !:smile:

hmmm i do have some revision notes for unit 6 too..but all RAR...lemme c :tongue: and no problem :biggrin:
Reply 190

c if this helps u or do tell me :smile:
Original post by aym3n
c if this helps u or do tell me :smile:

DIS IS DE BEEESSSTTT !!!! thanks soooo much !!!!!!! ive been frekaing out so much bczz of this thing thankss o much again ! GOD bless you !!:wink:
Reply 192
DIS IS DE BEEESSSTTT !!!! thanks soooo much !!!!!!! ive been frekaing out so much bczz of this thing thankss o much again ! GOD bless you !!:wink:

oh haha im glad it helped u :smile:..... no problem at all... also it would be nice if u could inbox me ur email adress so that i can give u the rar.file...it takes hell lot of time to upload here
Original post by aym3n
well if u have the green ann fullick book for A2 a very clear diagram is given for it :tongue:

well PS2 gains an electron from the photolysis of water which then excites it and is carried along the ETC to produce ATP..... then the electron acceptor NADP picks up the electron from the PS2 ETC and also simultaneously accepts the h+ from the photolysis of water to from NADPH and then shifts into the light dependent reactions.....this is called non-cyclic photophosphorylation.... :tongue:...i think this is it...but im not sure still have to revise this stufff :eek::eek:

I've the orange book, and the purple revision guide. I've seen the diagram for it, but i cant make any sense of it. Do we actually need to know the diff. between PS1 and 2 according to the spec?
Reply 194
I've the orange book, and the purple revision guide. I've seen the diagram for it, but i cant make any sense of it. Do we actually need to know the diff. between PS1 and 2 according to the spec?

ahan well according to the revision guide the specification points needed for the photosynthesis are classified into PS1 AND PS2 so i cant really tell but since we have it in revision guide i think its imp :tongue:.... but i can ask my sir and let u know by tommorow
so why the heck are biofeuls not 100% carbon neutrall !!! AAAAAAA !! they gave this question in a exam for like 7 marks !!!! thnk God i wasnt there !!!
Reply 196
Original post by aym3n
ahan well according to the revision guide the specification points needed for the photosynthesis are classified into PS1 AND PS2 so i cant really tell but since we have it in revision guide i think its imp :tongue:.... but i can ask my sir and let u know by tommorow

It also says in the top corner of p9, you will not be expected to recall details of photosystems but you may be expected to understand their roles. I think that means like a 2 marker on what a photosystem is.
so why the heck are biofeuls not 100% carbon neutrall !!! AAAAAAA !! they gave this question in a exam for like 7 marks !!!! thnk God i wasnt there !!!

dude, you need to calm down a little, seriously

biofuels need to be grown by removing old crops and creating new land for biofuels to grow. If you move old crop, more co2 not absorbed. Also, machinery is needed to provide transport, and fossile fuels provide the fuel so the process of making biofuels is not 100% carbon neutral

think i'm right :crossedf: anyone like to add/delete/change/reword :spank: me
dude, you need to calm down a little, seriously

biofuels need to be grown by removing old crops and creating new land for biofuels to grow. If you move old crop, more co2 not absorbed. Also, machinery is needed to provide transport, and fossile fuels provide the fuel so the process of making biofuels is not 100% carbon neutral

think i'm right :crossedf: anyone like to add/delete/change/reword :spank: me

its just t0o much ! well thanks nd sorry if its bothering you !
Original post by aym3n

That would be lovely. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending