Both used electrons from PS1
Both used electron transport chain
Non cylic used both photosystems
Non cylic replaced electrons from water
Cyclic reused same electron

therefore BBNNC
Reply 1381
Original post by Obfuscator
For the question about the man with diabetes, how was it like type 2 diabetes?

I put that his age was 55 and and so the risk of diabetes was higher, some classmates put that the doctor advised that he controls his diet and reduces intake of foods high in glucose.
on the comparison between type one and type two diabetes I put about the diet but then I also put that it occurs with increasing age and he was 55, will I still get the mark even though I put both? It didn't specify to only mention one?
Original post by james20207
I got (in descending order): (B) C N B N C ?

Can someone put the question, because I think most of us have forgot already. :tongue:
Original post by Doughnut
Well I hope you're right! I've had a look at a couple more microscopy images and I think you are actually. Do you reckon they'll mind that I just put 'convoluted tubule'? I couldn't see how they'd expect us to know if it was the DCT or PCT.

I can never tell with the biology mark scheme but I think it would be safer to have specified.
Original post by im so fresh
as he needed insulin shots

I put something like that, but I thought Type 2 was none insulin dependent? I thought it was a bit of a silly question 'how is his condition like this other condition which it isn't.'
Original post by mollster57
on the comparison between type one and type two diabetes I put about the diet but then I also put that it occurs with increasing age and he was 55, will I still get the mark even though I put both? It didn't specify to only mention one?

If one the first one is right and the second one is wrong = No marks.
If both are right = You get the mark.

If diet was right you'll get the mark basically as the age one has to be right.
Reply 1387
Original post by cheesebase
Both used electrons from PS1
Both used electron transport chain
Non cylic used both photosystems
Non cylic replaced electrons from water
Cyclic reused same electron

therefore BBNNC

Except Cyclic doesn't use electron transport chain. The electron goes to an electron acceptor and then back to the photosystem.

Only non-cyclic uses electron transport chains.
Time to move onto the chemistry thread xD
this is going to be a long day....
Reply 1389
Original post by srutututu
you could also say that it was diagnosed later on in life right?

yeah, same thing.
why were glass beads added? i ranted on about keeping volume the same but i wasnt sure?
Reply 1391
Original post by im so fresh
as he needed insulin shots

But type 2 diabetes is insulin-independant. As the receptor sites on target cells are not responsive to insulin. How will adding more insulin help???
Original post by Obfuscator
For the question about the man with diabetes, how was it like type 2 diabetes?

He was 55 years old which is a risk factor for diabetes (type 2). :smile:
Reply 1393
Original post by Iepnauy
Except Cyclic doesn't use electron transport chain. The electron goes to an electron acceptor and then back to the photosystem.

yep cyclic doesnt have electron transport chains
Reply 1394
Original post by sarah-madeline
why were glass beads added? i ranted on about keeping volume the same but i wasnt sure?

It showed that it was the dry pea seeds which were respiring and so that was the only factor affecting the change in the volume of air in the tube.
Reply 1395
Original post by Kasarna
But type 2 diabetes is insulin-independant. As the receptor sites on target cells are not responsive to insulin. How will adding more insulin help???

Type 2 could also mean that the body can't produce any insulin =P. Not just unresponsive receptors.
Original post by Iepnauy

We have a winner! :biggrin:
Reply 1397
Did anyone get 0.0162 for the calculation or am I the only one?
Original post by mollster57
I put about the diet but then I also put that it occurs with increasing age and he was 55, will I still get the mark even though I put both? It didn't specify to only mention one?

Mmm, I don't know if it said one way if it did they,d take your first point I think...
Original post by Iepnauy

Incorrect - it does use electron transport chain - how else would it generate ATP via chemiosmosis - it is the coupled redox reactions that release energy to pump protons across the thylakoid membrane, therefore it is essential to have an ETC - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_cyclic_photophosphorylation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending