The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Wed 25 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Generally that's a cause for protein in the urine, as glucose is selectively reabsorbed. Unless you mean the PCT is damaged by hypertension, but I think it mainly affects ultrafiltration.

Come to think of it, I'm wrong... diabetes first came in to my head, but I thought it a bit strange that they had already asked a diabetes question earlier in the paper.
I didn't like that paper, glass beads tripped me up.

Pun intended.
Original post by the real viper
completely relevant because every value in that column was to 1 significant figure therefore the value that we was calculating should be given to 1 sig fig - have they not taught you anything?!?!

Rude..but right. :tongue:
for the gaps was it light 'energy' or 'intensity'?
I put neurone instead of receptor like an idiot. Also put cytoplasm instead of stroma. For the temperature from 15 to 25, did anyone say that the oxygenase activity of rubisco increases above its carboxylase activity?
Original post by Romisa_lovesA7X

intensity
Original post by Chris P Chicken.
Rude..but right. :tongue:

soz, just get passionate over sig figs.
Increased rate as water is readily available whereas dry peas have to find water first?
Pregnancy testing:

1) LH present in urine as passes through nephron.
2) Binds to antibody.
3) Moves up strip. 2 lines indicate positive result.

Anyone else get this idea?
Reply 1789
Original post by im so fresh
as he needed insulin shots

type 1: need insulin injections
type2: controlled by diet, so reducing carbohydrates
Reply 1790

Intensity
For the question about why there's a difference in resp rate in soaked and dry seeds could you write that water dissociates into oxygen and hydrogen for ETC:confused:
Since it was a suggest quest I'd assume there's probs a range of answers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by andrewpeters
intensity

Original post by adlatlas
Intensity

Thanks.
I'd put intensity, then crossed it out to write energy :frown:
Original post by the real viper
soz, just get passionate over sig figs.

I'm pretty sure the values in the table were correct to 3 decimal places and nothing to do with sig figs.
Have they not taught you anything? :wink:
god damn, I DO PHYSICS, I SHOULDVE KNOWN IT WAS INTENSITY, WHY DID I WRITE FREQUENCY, UGH
Reply 1795
For the question about why there's a difference in resp rate in soaked and dry seeds could you write that water dissociates into oxygen and hydrogen for ETC:confused:
Since it was a suggest quest I'd assume there's probs a range of answers.

i thought the whole of that experiment was based entirely on the rate of respiration, theres no increase in oxygen, just a decrease. it said that soaked seeds were germinating, and dry seeds were dormant. if the seeds are germinating then they'll need more energy in ATP for cell replication, and so will therefore have a higher rate of respiration to provide more ATP, whilst the dormant cell isnt growing so doesnt need as much energy...
Original post by inspiration109
composition of blood for a person with kidney failure? i said less protein larger than 68000 RMM in blood so less hameoglobin for oxygen and less glucose as no selective reabsorption in PCT

Overall I thought the exam was ok. Minus the glass beads which I just completely left out. I've never left out a question before! Afterwards the answer seemed really obvious. Think I'm gonna lose my A :frown:
The nose and mouth ...... stimuli. I didnt have a clue. Answer was chemical though.
Original post by l.a.s
i thought the whole of that experiment was based entirely on the rate of respiration, theres no increase in oxygen, just a decrease. it said that soaked seeds were germinating, and dry seeds were dormant. if the seeds are germinating then they'll need more energy in ATP for cell replication, and so will therefore have a higher rate of respiration to provide more ATP, whilst the dormant cell isnt growing so doesnt need as much energy...

I put this. :smile:

Germinating = more ATP needed for protein synthesis, mitosis etc. = more respiration.

Took me aaaaages to figure it out though - started writing about stomata originally...:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending